Driver: Accra - Crossroads InternationalDriving Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Crossroads International is a leader in international cooperation and has been fighting inequality for 60 years. Crossroads works in some of the world’s poorest nations in sub-Saharan Africa and West Africa with local partner organizations to create decent jobs and to empower women to become leaders and live free from violence.
Every year, we engage experienced volunteers and staff North and South who apply their expertise locally to address global issues. Together, we are leveraging knowledge, expertise and dollars to create a more just and equitable world.
Crossroads International is a registered charity supported by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), other government and non-government funders, and many individual donors around the world.
ONE WORLD where poverty is eliminated, equality prevails, and the rights of women and girls are fulfilled
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Crossroads International is looking for a reliable driver to assist it Office with all transport-related duties. The Driver will be based in its Ghana Country Office. The Driver is an integral part of the Country Office in Ghana. The incumbent will drive Crossroads vehicle(s) and undertake errands in Accra and its Project areas and for all official trips.
He/she will also be responsible to ensure that the Crossroads vehicle is maintained and in optimum condition. This recruitment is on a rolling basis.
- Contributes to all organizational goals and objectives
- Ensures all areas of responsibility are carried out in compliance with the organization’s mission, values, policies and procedures, standards, and systems
- Works in close collaboration with members of the country office team to achieve organizational goals as set forth in the strategic and operational plans
Under the supervision of the Country Manager/Finance and Administrative Manager,
Company Driver Responsibilities
- Drive the Crossroads vehicle carefully ensuring the security of passengers and vehicle, in accordance with national and local traffic regulations and other relevant laws.
- Safely transporting company staff as well as various products and materials to and from specified locations in a timely manner.
- Assisting with the loading and offloading of staff luggage, products, and materials.
- Adjusting travel routes to avoid traffic congestion or road construction.
- Ensuring that the company vehicle is always parked in areas that permit parking to avoid towing.
- Keeping the company vehicle clean and properly maintained by performing regular washing, cleaning, and vehicle maintenance.
- Reporting any accidents, injuries, and vehicle damage to management.
- Ensure that passengers observe safety measures established by Crossroads and local laws, especially regarding the wearing of seat belts.
- Maintain up-to-date vehicle logbook and the vehicle maintenance record book and provide monthly reports on vehicle usage
- Ensure the maintenance of Crossroads vehicles and follow up on repairs to guarantee optimum Conditions
- Ensure genuine parts are used on vehicles- NO alteration is to be made to any part of the vehicle unless with the prior approval of the Country Manager.
- Old parts changed must be made available for inspection.
- Develop a schedule for renewing relevant documents of vehicles.
- Help with administrative tasks relevant to Crossroads.
- Execute any other task assigned by the supervisor.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum qualification of JSS /SSCE Certificate or its equivalent with experience in auto mechanics.
- Knowledgeable in English and be able to communicate efficiently in the English language. Ability to speak French is advantageous
- A minimum valid driver’s license from Class “D
- Clean driving record.
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of local roads and routes.
- At least 5 years of working experience preferably in an NGO environment
- Basic knowledge in computer software applications
- Good interpersonal skills, Diversity, and respect
- Ability to work with less supervision
- The ability to utilize maps, GPS systems, and car manuals.
- Effective communication skills.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Ability to build trust and commitment to action
- Integrity and Accountability
- To work an average of 35 hours per week and up to 40 hours per week during missions
- Infrequent local travel is required
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.