Project Controls Analyst III - Newmont Mining CorporationEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont ( www.newmont.com ) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont’s core operations in the United States, Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname.
Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
About This Role
- To provide project control services (cost estimating, scheduling, cost and change management, and reporting) and interface with supply Chain, accounting and finance to support sustaining capital projects. Individual project size ranges from internal studies to major design and construction, with around $30M total cost.
- The role will maintain and update Ahafo South sustaining capital project risk registers and also contribute to successful project execution by effective reporting and cost control.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
In This Role, You Will
Project Control Planning
- Support project management by developing cost and schedule baselines, status updates, progress and performance evaluation, variation analysis and change management, forecast to complete, and project reports.
- Requires coordination and integration of information provided by multiple stakeholders –suppliers, contractors, and owner’s functions ie:. into summary reports representing the overall project as defined in the owner’s Authorization for Expenditure (AFE).
- Provide project controls input and coordinate overall development and Quality Control (QC) of documentation to advance projects through Investment System and Stage Gate Process.
- Contribute to scope definition, project execution planning, development of capital cost and schedule and cash flow baselines, evaluation of cost and schedule risk, input to financial models, and preparation of Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) and investment papers.
- Engage in assistance of corporate estimating and controls functional support if required on complex or higher risk projects.
- Participate in the annual business planning cycle.
- Ensure that project controls systems can generate reports relative to either annual or life-of-project budgets.
- Actively participate in key project planning sessions: opportunity framing, interactive planning, risk analysis, formal forecast updates, and project reviews conducted by corporate and third-party benchmarking consultants.
Project Control Management
- Maintain an accurate forecast of schedule and cost at project completion throughout the project lifecycle and assume an owner’s perspective on project risk.
- Ensure that project controls processes are consistently applied across the project.
- Act as Owner’s primary liaison and primary interface with Project Accounting Manager.
- Manage governance to ensure robust and integrated cost and schedule performance across multiple suppliers.
Project Budget Management
- Champion compliance to corporate project controls standards for maintaining overall project integrated master schedule, cost and commitment reports, trend log and contingency drawdown status.
- Provide controls input and analysis for monthly reports as well as project and contract closeout reports.
- Review prior to award agreements for work to be performed by suppliers, consultants and contractors, to ensure that project controls requirements are clearly stated and are appropriate to the level of contract risk.
- During project execution, audit third-party reports to ensure adherence to these requirements.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Project Control Reporting
- Prepare and submit project reports, the most significant of which is the monthly dashboard report submitted to the region and corporate managers.
- Maintain risk registers for all active projects and communicate gaps and corrective action identified to the supervisor and implement corrective action as agreed with the supervisor and the contractor.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- BSc in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Project Management or Accounting and project management experience, or equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary.
- Project Management training
- An understanding of construction technics, methods, productivities, and costs
- A good knowledge to take off and build rates for work packages
- A good knowledge of accounting principles.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the engineering and construction management with at least 3-year experience in project controls including successful completion of a project assignment
- Practical experience with SAP.
- Knowledge of Newmont’s stage gate procedures.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Good computer literacy skills (SAP, Microsoft Word, Outlook and other Windows applications).
- Ability to identify problems and to report by using technical Terminologies.
- Ability to manage the quality of operations, in accordance with the quality standards of the organisation and international best practice.
Skills And Abilities
- Intermediate to advanced level of software applications and tools for scheduling and cost management.
- Good organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- A flexible attitude and a willingness to learn.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Detail focused.
- Safety conscious.
- Team player.
- Technically inclined.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.