Gender Officer Application - CARE InternationalNGO Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere (CARE), Inc. doing business as CARE International in Ghana is seeking a talented, motivated and innovative Gender Officer for the Livelihood Improvement through Equitable Food Systems Transformation (LIFT) project.
The Livelihood Improvement through Equitable Food Systems Transformation (LIFT) Project is a 3-year project funded by SALL Family Foundation and being implemented in Ghana by CARE Ghana and 17 other countries under the Farmer Field and Business School Scaling Program.
The project is aimed at improving the productivity, income, food and nutrition security, resilience, and gender equality of small-scale producers in 3 regions in the north of Ghana through their participation in Farmer Field and Business School (FFBS).
FFBS is a participatory, women-focused training and extension approach with strong support to transform the individual agency of women as well as the enabling environment, including gender norms and roles as well as attitudes and behaviours, so that key gender inequities are addressed, and more appropriate practices initiated to ensure more equitable outcomes for women.
We are committed to advancing gender equality and diversity in the workplace and to growing our pool of young talent.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Gender Officer will take a leading role and use collaborative methods to work with partners to develop, update and implement project gender strategic plan and ensure that the project is gender transformative to deliver on the gender equality results/outcomes outlined in the project results framework.
S/he will support analysis of relevant laws, policies and strategies that impact gender equality and women empowerment issues aligned to the project mandate and ensure that gendered MEAL approaches are mainstreamed in the MEAL system design and implementation.
The Gender Officer will report directly to the Project Manager; and will be based in the Tamale Sub-office and cover project implementation districts in the Northern, Northeast and Savannah Regions.
Some Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Review and provide input in the project-related training manuals (FFBS Tools and SAA in FNS) and ensure they address specific gender issues that directly affect target populations.
- Ensure that project reports and any additional reporting on gender mainstreaming at the project level is planned for and delivered on time.
- Support in conducting gender equality targeted evaluations, including design, support in data collection, management and analysis working closely with the project MEAL Coordinator.
- Guide and support the partner’s technical staff, in the implementation of the gender strategy and any other agreed gender equality results in line with the project objectives.
- Provide input in the design of new layering initiatives to ensure the gender needs of impact groups are addressed in accordance with the LIFT Project approach.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- An in-depth understanding of the underlying causes of poverty, vulnerability, and gender inequality in Ghana and particularly in Northern Ghana with good knowledge of the political, economic, social, and technological environment is desirable.
- At least 3 years experience in implementing gender transformative/women empowerment programming in the agriculture/food security sector and experience in the application of gender tools in the field.
- Effectively and appropriately interact with others to build relationships, influence others, and facilitate the sharing of ideas and information.
- Develop internal and external trusting and professional relationships. Purposefully develop networks to build value through collaboration.
- Deliver quality results on organizational goals and constituent expectations through thoughtful planning, decision making and following appropriate processes.
- Contribute to an environment in which all employees feel a sense of belonging, are valued for their differences, and are empowered to participate and contribute freely.
- Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same. Acts with a clear sense of ownership.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, Gender and development studies or other relevant discipline coupled.
- A Master’s Degree in any of the above-related fields will be an absolute advantage.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.