Cloud & Automation Engineer II - DreamOvalIT Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Tema 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
At DreamOval, we build innovative technology that evolves the human experience. We are a small team that is building a set of innovative solutions (including enterprise innovation, ePayments and collections, digital strategy, and cloud services) for customers all over Africa through a carefully selected partner network.
We have cultivated a world-class approach to people management and project execution, enabling our continuous delivery of superior services, products, and experiences that drive customer lifetime value. Our managing partners have been improving business solutions in Ghana, Africa, and the Americas for many years, both in the region and around the world.
The Cloud and Automation Engineer will provide design and implementation standards and guidance to cross-functional teams across the enterprise. This role will help the team deliver highly resilient, cost-effective applications, and will be responsible for implementing all Infrastructure Platforms and Cloud Infrastructure Technologies enterprise-wide and for internal and external clients.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Develop automation script using an adopted configuration management tool such as Ansible and Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform
- Write weekly/monthly usage and performance reports on key infrastructure.
- Document all processes around issues and their solutions.
- Deploy applications in various environments assigned (dev, test, stage, production, pre-production, etc) AWS EC2, ECS, EKS
- Create or configure tools to empower the team to monitor, and view performance metrics, safely build, deploy and revert binaries from the version control repository.
- Troubleshoot issues escalated to Solution Delivery on various Dreamoval products.
- Other Tasks and Responsibilities
- Build CI/CD pipelines for the team and create synergy between tools
- Troubleshoot integration connectivity issues between Dreamoval and partners either through a direct connection or a VPN connection
- Get on calls with internal or external customers on behalf of SD either for a working or debugging session
- Apply server updates and critical patches on cloud systems
- Working knowledge of Ansible
- Working knowledge with Terraform
- Strong Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Working knowledge of Linux systems
- Solid working knowledge of programming languages such as java, python, go, ruby, c# [must have for at least 1 language of the list]
Other Competencies and Skills
- Working knowledge of Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Knowledge of other cloud service providers like Microsoft Azure and IBM Bluemix is a plus
- Strong acumen in containers (i.e. Docker), container management (i.e. Kubernetes, GKE, ECS), container security, management tools, logging and monitoring, and a solid understanding of other container management tools like Swarm. [must have]
- Solid understanding of various computer programming and software development
- Understanding of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Container as a service (CaaS), function as a service (FaaS), and software as a service (SaaS)
- Deep awareness of networking concepts like VPC, Load balancing, firewalls, routing, VPN, software-defined networks, software-defined firewalls, and inter-networking [should have]
- Deep understanding of remote location infrastructure architecture and inter-network connectivity with cloud computing platforms
- Solid knowledge of Microservice architecture, API ecosystems, API management, API economy
- Solid understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) process and toolsets
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and perform complex system tests
- Ability to use logs for both troubleshooting, and debugging issues but also for analytics
- Ability to collaborate and implement DevSecOps models and application pipeline automation
- Ability to collaborate with IT, Compliance, and Business to implement PCI-DSS, PA-DSS, and other applicable regulatory obligations.
- Capacity to lead the team to assess critical systems for resiliency, process remediation, and development of action plans.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualifications Preferred for at least 1
- Certifications in Google Professional Cloud Developer
- Certifications in AWS DevOps Engineer Professional, AWS developer Associate
- Delivery experience with Amazon Web Service and Google Cloud Platform
- Agile development skills and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or an equivalent level of work experience (without a degree).
- 2+ years of broad IT experience across cloud platforms, infrastructure, middleware, security, and applications.
- 2+ years of proficiency with GCP and AWS services such as (Kubernetes Engine), ECS, Cloud Storage, Security, Network, Identity.
The job entails occasional travel (5%)« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.