Tax Manager - Helios TowersAccounting Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Helios Towers is a leading independent telecommunications infrastructure company, having established one of the most extensive tower portfolios across Africa. It builds, owns and operates telecom passive infrastructure, providing services to mobile network operators. Helios Towers currently operates in 8 markets in Africa and Oman in the Middle East.
We are looking for a dynamic Tax Manager to join the Ghana Team. The Tax Manager will be the business representative with all relevant tax authorities and ensure all tax matters of the company are managed properly and in accordance with all relevant tax legislations.
He/She will work with the Group tax manager to ensure the implementation of effective controls that will result in accurately determining the right amount of tax payable, ensure timely payment of taxes and reduce risks of business for non-compliance.
He/ She must also ensure that all required returns to tax authorities are accurately prepared, completed and submitted to the relevant tax authorities per statutory timelines.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The individual will also be responsible for the overall management of Fixed Asset. He/she will coordinate works between the HTG project department and CBO team ensuring the overall efficient and effective management and accounting for Fixed Assets of HTG.
As a Tax Manager, you will be required to:
Tax Management and Reporting
- Support and manage the company’s dealings with relevant external tax stakeholders including;
- The Ghana Revenue Authority (Domestic Tax Revenue Division – DTRD)
- The Ghana Revenue Authority- Customs
- The Ghana Revenue Authority- Transfer Pricing unit
- External Auditors
- External consultants
- Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT)
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls, tax management controls, policies and procedures are in place and are implemented to ensure tax compliance.
- Tax Compliance- Manage all company’s statutory tax returns namely, PAYE, SSNIT, corporate tax, VAT, NHIL, VAT Withholding Tax, Withholding Tax, Transfer Pricing, Customs; ensuring that the company’s risk of tax noncompliance is minimal. Ensure all risks are highlighted in advance to Finance Director.
- Ensure all tax accounting activities and tax compliance activities (including tax payments, tax return, and related analysis or support) of HTG are managed properly
- Ensure that at all the times the risk of penalties and interests resulting from non-compliance is minimal.
- He/She will ensure the accurate calculation of Depreciate, Capital allowance, etc. for Corporate Income Tax computations.
- Update management team on all tax related matters and new provisions imposed by the Government of Ghana from time to time.
- Ensure that all monthly, quarterly and annual group tax returns and control checklist and accurately completed, signed off and submitted in accordance with Group time lines.
- Ensure that all monthly, quarterly and annual statutory tax returns are accurately completed, signed off and submitted on time or extension obtain where necessary.
- Assist the Account payable and Treasury team in estimating and monitoring monthly and annual cash taxes or other tax planning issues as required.
- Advice Finance Director and Management on all relevant tax matters including changes in tax legislations and the business implication of it.
- Ensure that effective controls and procedures are in place to ensure prompt submission of tax exemption and refund applications that follow up with the relevant authorities ensures applications are granted.
Fixed Asset Management
- Ensure effective tracking and compilation of project cost, processing of monthly fixed assets capitalisation (WIP additions and transfers to depreciable asset group), depreciation process and control the update of the Fixed Assets Register with newly created assets by CBO (Central Back Office).
- Ensure that all Fixed Asset Records are updated and detailed reconciliation is done between Physical Location, Fixed Asset register and General Ledger.
- Work with project team to ensure that all Goods Received Notes (GRN), Asset Transfer Notes (ATN), and Project Completion and Acceptance Certificates (PCAC) in respect of all fixed assets are received and scanned to CBO on a timely basis.
- Work in conjunction with the Head of supply chain and Budget owners to ensure that all Fixed Asset related costs are recorded in a timely manner
- Timely submission of list of completed project with accompanying cost schedule.
- Work with CBO Fixed Asset team to ensure accurate monthly Balance Sheet CWIP schedule and reconciliation per group standard.
- Provide support to Financial Reporting Manager when required.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Safety, Health Environment and Quality
- ‘The employee shall at all times follow Helios Towers SHEQ Policies, Procedures and Standards, and engage fully with all SHEQ requirements, expectations and campaigns that may be applicable to their role.’
Requirements for the Role
To succeed in the role, you will be/will have:
- Minimum 5 Years’ relevant experience in Accounting or Related Fields
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in the field of Taxation and fixed asset management
- Part /Qualified Accountant (Final Stage) with a recognized Accountancy Body
- Accounting, Finance or related degree as a minimum
- Experience working in a large organisation/listed organisation.
- Accounting, Taxation Professional Membership
- Corporate Governance in Accounting and Taxation
- Corporate Governance with regards to Accounting and Finance
- Tax Compliance
- Tax Planning
- Tax management and reporting
- Tax legislations
- Management reporting
- Statutory reporting
- Project management
- Risk Management
- Fixed Asset Management
- Internal and external auditors/consultants' engagement and management
- Attention to detail
- Change champion
- Analytical thinking
- Planning and organizing
- Complex problem solving
- A communicator at all levels
- Objective-driven with customer and supplier insight
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.