Learning and Data Specialist - Abt AssociatesIT Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation.
Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
At Abt Associates, we are committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes.
We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve. Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and expanding upon project work related to racial equity and social justice.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Abt Associates is currently seeking a qualified Learning and Data Specialist for the Feed the Future Resilience in Northern Ghana Systems Strengthening. This activity focuses on enhancing the ability of all stakeholders to address poor nutrition and weak resilience in northern Ghana.
Feed the Future Resilience in Northern Ghana Systems Strengthening will result in sustained improvements in the delivery of local services to achieve measurable improvements in the nutrition and resilience of an estimated 85,000 reproductive-aged women and children under five years old.
The position will be based in Tamale, Ghana
Under the supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director, the Learning and Data Specialist is responsible for the maintenance of systems for the adequate, regular, and safe storage of program monitoring data. This may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Create and enforce policies for effective data management.
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data.
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects.
- Establish rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders etc.
- Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards.
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed.
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.).
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses.
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications.
- Ensure the data entry procedures are accurate and conducted on time.
- Other duties as required.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and 9 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree and 6 years of experience.
- Degree in computer science, statistics, economics, or a related field.
- Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies, with a strong preference for experience with DHIS2.
- Experience designing and maintaining information systems with data visualization and dashboard development, using technologies such as Tableau or PowerBI.
- Strong understanding of database and data analysis procedures (data collection, analysis, distribution, etc.).
- Expertise in writing SQL statements to query data systems.
- Experience in managing MySQL and similar databases.
- Experience with ODK Collect preferred.
- Three to five years of monitoring and evaluation, experience in agriculture sector is preferable.
- Professional experience in designing M&E and/or database systems preferably on USAID-funded projects.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for data analysis (Excel required, advanced statistical packages such as R, Stata, SPSS, SAS, etc.a plus).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative data collection techniques.
- Experience with the development of a web database and integration of mobile data into database systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum of direction and supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, organizational, and computer skills.
- Strong written and spoken English is required.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.