Senior Geotechnical Engineer - Chirano Gold MinesEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Ghana 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Chirano Gold Mines Limited is an underground and open pit gold mine in the Western North Region of Ghana, within the Bibiani gold belt. It is owned by a Canadian-based Company, Asante Gold Corporation.
Chirano Gold Mine is looking for a well-organized self-starter with great attention to detail to join our team as a Senior Geotechnical Engineer.
- Reporting to the Chief Geotechnical Engineer, the role will focus on maintaining and developing strategic geotechnical functions at both Underground & Open Pit Operations to maximize operational efficiencies and profitability.
- Provide geotechnical advice regarding mine design, schedule, and ground/ wall support for both Underground & Open Pit mining operations.
- Evaluate and propose optimum geotechnical engineering solutions in achieving the planned objectives and conduct analysis of stope and pillar designs, mining sequencing, and ground support designs
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Practice and promote Company environmental, health, safety and operational policies and procedures and actively participate in the Company’s Continuous Improvement Programme.
- Proactively participate in safety meetings and promotes safe working practices.
- Ensure underground/pit wall stability and quality control of support measures through the supervision of ground control, quality and testing programs;
- Refine stope designs and extraction sequences to optimize mine longevity and ore recovery.
- Execute intermediate and long-term strategies that support growth of geotechnical function.
- Assist in the execution of strategies to enhance current geotechnical practices and performances in achieving the organization’s overall strategy.
- Contribute to the business' capability to mine safely by actively identifying risks and threats to achieving targets and develop & manage programs to minimize or eliminate those risks
- Design and develop geotechnical processes, practices and methodologies in engineering and ensure alignment with the organization’s long-term strategy
- Develop systems & measures that appropriately assess geotechnical performance and review progress to ensure achievement of targets.
- Inspect underground geotechnical activities at start of shift to ensure correct procedures are being followed.
- Coordinate the collection of data, its analysis and evaluation of reports in order to ensure sound geotechnical designs.
- Conduct advanced evaluation and trend assessments and reports the results at daily/weekly production meetings.
- Work closely with the mine planning engineers and geologists as well as with Operations to ensure robust and safe designs.
- Build the capabilities of the team to enhance the function’s ability to achieve financial and operating strategy; identifies succession role requirements and high potential talents and actively develops key talent.
- Perform other duties as assigned by your Supervisor/ Manager.
Required Skills or Experience
- First degree in Geological, Mining / Civil Engineering, preferably with specialization in Geotechnical Engineering or Rock Mechanics.
- Post Graduate qualification in Geotechnical Engineering or a related field will be an asset.
- Minimum of five (5) years' practical experience in both Surface & Underground mining environment.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Demonstrated capability to conduct technical geotechnical work with limited supervision.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of all the aspects of design basis and mechanisms identification and demonstrated ability to address their impact on the designs.
- Good operating knowledge and interpretation skill of numerical modelling tools such as DIPS, UNWEDGE, MAP3D and PHASE 2
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the Duty of Care Standards, Occupational Health & Safety Regulations 2012 L.I 2182, and Mining Inspection Act & Regulations.
- Must have thorough understanding of underground mining operations, and solid safety performance at the personal and professional level.
- Understanding of Mining Health & Safety Procedures.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with good and defensive driving skills.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.