Driver - NORSAACDriving Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The primary responsibility of this position is to safely operate all Norsaac vehicles according to a set daily schedule. He/she must ensure that the vehicle is always in good operating condition, the vehicle is cleaned and maintained. The driver is expected to drive with care at times, obey all laws, regulations and rules of conduct of the organization.
- Operate the vehicle in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life. - 100%
- Operate the vehicle in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Ensure staff and guests are safe and comfortable throughout their journey.
- Always maintain a clean vehicle.
- Pick staff and drop staff and partners to the airport, field and bus terminal as may be required by the organization or supervisor.
- Use navigation apps to determine the best route to use.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks
- Perform minor maintenance duties such as changing the oil
- Clean the vehicle as and when required
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Advise the immediate supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs.
- Responsible for updating supervisor on the expiry date of both road worthy and vehicle insurance of vehicles.
- Report to supervisor after embarking on a journey; verbal or email.
- Maintain schedules and maintain order on the Programme
- Ensure staffs are aware of rules and responsibilities as passengers
- Always keep proper up to date vehicle loge book.
- Perform other related duties
Decisions free to make:
- Prioritizing work responsibilities, including short- and long-term assignments
- Development of plans to respond to job mandate
- Accessing and utilizing the various platforms available to obtain information which will assist in decision making.
- Take calculated decisions on issues within JD and account fully for gains or losses thereof.
Explain the decisions that depend on the position’s advice:
- Inform Management of any issues with the potential to impact on organizational knowledge management systems and outlook
- Recommend administrative changes in policies and/or procedures and systems for effective organizational growth and sustainability.
All staff of Norsaac is safeguarding ambassadors. You shall be held responsible for any safeguarding issue that happens within your domain of work.
Required Skills or Experience
- Hold at least a Senior High School Certificate with five (5) years of experience in driving in formal institutions.
- Hold a Junior High School Certificate with ten (10) years of experience in driving.
- Must have certification from a professional driving institution with certifications in defensive driving training from credited institutions.
- Must possess a valid driving license from the DVLA
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Must have sound knowledge of road safety regulations
- Proficiency using GPS device
- Good verbal and listening communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Basic vehicle maintenance knowledge and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Details oriented
- Knowledge in basic computer science
- Must have knowledge on vehicle logging
- Must have knowledge on all road signs and traffic laws
- Must be physically fit
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.