Rotating Equipment Engineer - Tullow OilEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognized, and African focused independent oil and gas company. The Group has interests in over 30 exploration and production licenses across 8 countries in Africa and South America.
Tullow Oil has an exciting opportunity for a Rotating Equipment Engineer reporting to the Maintenance & Integrity Manager in Ghana
This is a specialist role in Critical Rotating Equipment and Reliability Engineering. It provides leadership and guidance relating to equipment reliability and availability in relation to Maintenance.
The RE acts as the Technical Authority for Rotating Equipment and Reliability Analysis.
The RE is responsible day to day for the ongoing reliability of the FPSO systems and equipment, identifying and managing asset reliability risks that could adversely affect production efficiency. This includes Loss Elimination, Risk Management, and Life Cycle Asset Management delivered through risk-based and reliability-centered maintenance.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The RE ensures that Equipment Maintenance Strategies are continuously reviewed and optimized in order to deliver improved levels of equipment reliability and availability
The RE drives the Condition Monitoring program and the shift to preventative and predictive maintenance
The RE drives a culture of defect elimination through effective failure investigation, root cause analysis, and the quality of repairs and maintenance
The RE develops and tracks key indicators e.g., production loss attributable to the reliability, in order to identify and drive improvement opportunities. They develop and implement prioritized equipment-specific reliability improvement plans balancing costs vs benefits.
The following are the key roles and responsibilities of the successful candidate
- Complies with the Tullow HSEQ Code of Conduct, Standards, and Procedures to always protect people and the environment.
- Has a duty of care to ensure that all personnel work in a manner that is not harmful to their own health and safety and the health and safety of others.
- Provides guidance and technical support to Junior Engineers
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and corporate standards, processes, and procedures.
Critical Equipment Management
- Identify and monitor the management of critical equipment for possible impact on the technical integrity of the facility and/or production and ensure that all requirements regarding maintenance, inspection and operation are met.
- Manages the major rotating equipment intervention schedules and plans.
- Serves as the Technical Authority for all issues pertaining to the site’s rotating equipment by assisting with troubleshooting activities, resolving repeat failures, critical spares identification/management, and manages all related service contracts.
- Provide detailed reliability and life cycle cost analysis for units and projects as directed by the Maintenance and Integrity Manager
- Build and Maintain a Reliability Database based on Operations and Industry Reliability data
- Lead and assist with reliability studies and projects using Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM), Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) as required throughout the unit life cycle
- Owns the RAM model and responsible for its ongoing update and accuracy. Provides assurance as to the updates made by the project team when delivering new systems.
- Develop, analyze and report key reliability performance indicators – KPI’s
- Use reliability data to develop prioritized equipment reliability improvement programs
- Facilitate, lead, and/or participate in assessment teams focused on improving asset reliability, utilization, and operating efficiency.
- Use RAM, RCM, FMECA, RCA output to inform Equipment owners (discipline engineering leads) of changes required to optimize Equipment Maintenance Strategies.
- Recommend and implement upgrades/modifications to equipment to increase reliability and reduce maintenance cost and operating issues
- Conduct vulnerabilities analysis and develop remedial action plans
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Lead equipment failure investigations and facilitates appropriate Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Analyze predictive maintenance data and initiate follow-on corrective work
- Work with Operations and Maintenance personnel to troubleshoot equipment faults on an as-needed basis
- Work as an integral part of a technical team, recognized as the technical authority for reliability.
- Participate in scope development and repair of critical equipment as an adviser to Operations and Engineering concerning equipment/facilities capabilities and improvement opportunities.
- Provide maintainability, reliability, and operability input to new projects
Spares and Materials
- Advise Maintenance and Supply Chain on requirements for critical spares and inventory stock levels.
- Participate in the development and delivery of Reliability training
- A bachelor’s degree or tertiary equivalent in a relevant engineering or related discipline
- +7 years of post-graduate industry experience in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Experience in the offshore oil and gas industry preferred.
- Experience in operations and maintenance of production facilities.
- Advanced knowledge and experience (FSE level required) in the operations, maintenance, and management of Rotating Equipment is required, specifically, aero-derivative gas turbine packages (LM2500), centrifugal and reciprocating gas compressors, multi-stage high-pressure centrifugal pumps (V&H), steam turbines, gearboxes, and 28mw generator packages.
- Expert working knowledge of basic reliability processes and tools including RAM (critical), RCM, FMECA, Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA), and Root Cause Analysis.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Predictive Maintenance Tools, specifically, Vibration Analysis, Tribology, thermal and acoustic imaging.
- Demonstrable experience and competency deemed skillful in the following areas:
- Root cause assessment techniques such as 5 Whys and Fault Tree
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Reliability, Availability and Maintainability modelling.
- Failure Mode Effect and Cause Analysis (FMECA)
- Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA)
- User-level experience of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Lean knowledge and implementation are desirable
CONTINUE READING BELOW
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.