Research Field Associate Scientist - International Potato CenterResearch/Analysis Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The International Potato Center (CIP) in cooperation with AidData is seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Research Field Associate Scientist to monitor an impact evaluation in Northern Ghana analyzing the impact of sweet potato Triple S technology informational treatments on farmers.
About the role
This position will be hosted by the International Water Management Institute in Ghana, on behalf of the International Potato Center. The selected candidate will be based in Tamale, Ghana during the baseline data collection, initial program roll-out, and end-line data collection.
The Research Field Associate Scientist will report to the Project and Marketing Manager, Country Liaison and will work closely with academic researchers and other field staff.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Tracking program status and randomization compliance during initial roll-out, and spot-checking randomization compliance during the project.
- Overseeing the training of data collection team.
- Monitoring and assisting staff working on the project.
- Assisting in the designing of the survey questionnaires.
- Conducting basic qualitative research if necessary.
- Running pilot exercises.
- Helping in refining study design and surveying instruments.
- Negotiating contracts with survey firms where necessary.
- Checking collected data during the data collection and after.
- Conducting statistical analysis of the data.
- Providing context and background on evaluation results as necessary.
- Assisting in the writing of project reports.
- Providing frequent written updates on status of project and evaluation.
- Coordinating with local partners running the program being evaluated.
- Supporting outreach to policymakers in country.
- PhD’s studies in economics, social sciences, public policy, rural development, or related fields.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience with at least 2-4 years of prior work in evaluations and household surveys in developing countries.
- Training in development economics, social sciences, and related fields and Randomized Evaluations.
- Experience living and conducting field research in Northern Ghana.
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills
- The ability to present positions and to negotiate with senior officials.
- Fluency and excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in English
- Flexibility, self-motivation, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently as a team player
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations.
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials.
- Advanced Microsoft office skills and experience using and collaborating on google drive
- Experience with basic data analysis
- Good scientific writing skills with evidence of publication
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Familiarity with one or more main languages spoken in Northern Ghana is preferred (especially Dagbani, Mampruli, Gonja, Likpakpa, and Chekusi).
- Knowledge of Stata, SAS, or other data analysis software.
- Excellent working environment.
- Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Fixed term contract of almost 2 years with the possibility of renewal.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.