Assistant Librarian - University of GhanaEducation Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment as ASSISTANT LIBRARIAN.
Without prejudice to the functions of the specific unit to which the Assistant Librarian will be assigned, the job role requires operational support for the achievement of the objectives and strategic plan of the University of Ghana Library System (UGLS). This includes:
- Promoting library resources to the university community.
- Providing library instruction and information literacy training.
- Use of relevant software/tool to engage students and faculty to improve teaching and learning.
- Provision of research support to academic departments.
- Contribution to the profession through research and publishing.
- Contribution to the profession through extension activities.
- Providing reference services to users.
- Performing the role of a subject librarian.
- Supervising shelving.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
The applicant must:
- be a staff of the University of Ghana and must have served at the grade of Senior Library Assistant or a higher grade, for at least two years
- possess a good first degree plus a research master’s degree of at least a Master of Philosophy (MPhil) degree or equivalent in Librarianship, Information Studies, Library Studies, or related discipline, with a minimum of two (2) years relevant post-second-degree qualification work experience.
- The applicants must show evidence of chartered membership of a library professional association including the Ghana Library Association (GLA) with not less than two years of membership.
Required knowledge, ability, and skills include:
- Ability to conduct reference interviews.
- Ability to develop relevant search strategies.
- Ability to conduct literature searches.
- Ability to conduct library instruction.
- Knowledge in cataloging and classification of library materials
- Knowledge in shelving and shelf-reading
- Good interpersonal relationships
- Must be user oriented.
- Ability to uphold and maintain the professional ethics of librarianship.
- Knowledge in conducting research.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Candidates must demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills, qualities of a team player and the ability to establish understanding and rapport with colleagues.
- Knowledge of IT packages and library management systems
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.