Transport Officer - SuperTech LimitedDriving Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Transport Officer will be responsible for the administrative day-to-day running of the Transportation Department, ensuring that all assigned task and request are executed smoothly. This responsibility will extend to developing strategies to ensure the efficient and cost-effective functioning of the service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily MANAGEMENT of SPARE DRIVERS and SPARE VEHICLES of the department ensuring smooth replacement broken down vehicles.
- Ensure distribution, MAINTENANCE, and REPAIR utilization of all department vehicles.
- ALLOCATION and proper ROTATION of operations POOL VEHICLE for appropriate work and assignment and request from other departments.
- Coordinate in WEEKLY TOOLBOX and SAFETY MEETING with drivers and handle arising issues in liaise with the TM, OPM and HR.
- Process driver and VEHICLE requests from expats and expat wife’s on a daily basis and other DEPARTMENTAL EMERGENCIES.
- MONITOR and COMPILE statutory vehicle permit i.e. Road Worthy, Insurance, Assemblies and Municipals and Vehicle Income Tax expiries for prompt renewals.
- Strategically distribute renewed STATUTORY PERMIT to various project sites and department to avoid impounds from the law enforcement agencies.
- Arrange for REPLACEMENT and RENEWAL of all expired company’s DRIVERS LICENSES at the DVLA to avoid operational delays.
- Coordinate correspondence from various departments for VEHICLE REQUEST, REPAIRS and MAINTENANCE at the company’s workshop and other third party workshops.
- Coordinate with OPS Secretary for vehicle and driver arrangement of AIRPORT PICK and DROP OFF of the company’s expat and guest.
- Daily monitoring of the vehicle TRACKING SYSTEM for DRIVER CONTROL.
- Any other duties assigned to by the TM and OPM.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Transport Management Diploma from a certified tertiary institution
- At a minimum of Five (5) years experience in the transportation industry (Light & Heavy Duty)
- Must have a valid DVLA Class “C” License
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written, and able to communicate well with expat of different decedent.
- Prior experience working in a Transport office and managing different fleet modules.
- Experience in scheduling vehicle maintenance, driver and fuel management.
- Strategic planning background in relation to the transport industry
- Strong budgeting skills
- Prior experience driving a wide range of vehicles and equipment.
- Experience in working with GPS tracking applications. This experience would be advantageous
- Strong computer skills, preferably with experience using Excel, Outlook and other related software’s to aid work.
- A positive attitude, and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management abilities
- A committed team player with the ability to take initiative
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.