Communications Specialist - Olam GroupCommunication Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Olam Group’s Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (CR&S) Function is seeking a Sustainability Associate to support strategic communications, research, knowledge management, and internal learning.
The Associate will be responsible for creating and disseminating key information (i.e., case studies, research briefs, grants opportunities, simple video interviews, small scripts/storyboards, etc.) that inspire and drive the uptake of effective approaches to addressing economic, social, and environmental sustainability challenges in agribusiness.
The Associate will collaborate directly with all team members of the CR&S Function and will need to maintain relationships with a wide range of internal stakeholders from different business units and other functions (e.g., Corporate Communications) to gather and provide relevant information and resources.
Additionally, the Associate will help in the organization of virtual and in-person knowledge-sharing events and provide important support to writing, content development/design, and internal engagement.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Knowledge management platform: identify and organize content (internal and external training resources, case studies, research report, briefs, research catalogue, project catalogue, etc.) for the company’s online internal knowledge management platform. Draft summaries and regularly vet the content with subject matter experts and ensure information is accurate and up to date. Respond to queries from platform users in a timely manner and liaise with IT to ensure any bugs are quickly resolved. Maintain a library of training resources.
- Case studies: identify, draft, and edit case studies that showcase sustainability approaches and projects. This will involve speaking to colleagues around the world, and turning what can be multi-faceted, complex approaches into clear and concise key messages, bullet-pointed summaries and practical lessons learned.
- Research & project briefs: prepare briefs of latest research and projects that distil academic reports and a multitude of project documents, respectively, into simple and clear summary documents.
- Creative formatting: In line with brand guidance, create templates and format guidebooks, case studies, briefs, reports, presentations, etc
- CR&S Workplace page: moderate the CR&S page of Workplace by Facebook, engage users in meaningful knowledge exchange, and develop and post relevant creative content to the Workplace page – especially on international thematic days (e.g., World Water Day, World Environment Day) – to encourage learning and inspire action across the company
- Internal learning & engagement: support the preparation (i.e., content, logistics, coordination, etc.) of virtual and/or in-person events including meets, workshops, and learning exchanges, etc.
- Work collaboratively with Internal and Corporate Communications: collaborate with Internal and Corporate Communications to support greater awareness, learning and exchange for sustainability.
- Provide writing and content support to funding proposals, reports, and meeting minutes, as needed
- Collect, organize, and make available compelling and relevant photographs of the Olam Group’s sustainability work
The ideal candidate will be passionate about sustainability and have strong writing skills, design skills, and solid research skills. He or she must also have a positive attitude and outstanding interpersonal skills, as well as enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Other qualifications include:
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or other relevant domain such as organizational learning, agronomy, international affairs, business administration, etc.
- 3 - 8 years of experience in a similar position, Native-level English fluency. Knowledge of French, Spanish, Portuguese, or others is considered a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in InDesign and the Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, etc.)
- Simple image edition required, skills in graphic design considered a plus
- Familiarity with IT, especially digital and video means of communication
- Self-starter and ability to work autonomously as well as in a team
- Experience in sustainability and/or food/agri-business as it relates to a familiarity with the challenges and opportunities for food system transformation preferred
- Creative problem-solving and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Good analyzing skills and a keen eye for detail
- Team player with a positive attitude
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.