Accountant - Ghana News AgencyAccounting Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Ghana News Agency (GNA) is inviting applications from suitably qualified, result-driven, competent, and dynamic professionals to fill various vacant positions. The available position is Accountant.
Job Description: Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares Statements of Accounts to Adverts Clients.
- Receives, keeps custody, and effects payment from the consolidated and other public funds.
- Initiates the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports.
- Implements approved accounting/financial policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs), guidelines and work plan to achieve targeted objectives of the Agency.
- Identifies control risk measures in financial transactions/procedures and propose improvements to Assistant Manager for implementation.
- Vets payment vouchers, invoices, etc. and process through the General Ledger for approval and payment.
- Reconciles balance sheet items and/or General Ledger for review by Manager.
- Responsible for the maintenance and update of data/records in approved Accounting Software for all payment vouchers and journals.
- Maintains and updates records of all accounting transactions with all accounts.
- Prepares variance analysis of revenue and expenditure against budget and report on any deviations for corrective action.
- Maintains and updates effective Fixed Assets Register for the institution.
- Collates budget inputs from all Departments for the preparation of the institution’s annual budget.
- Process for payment employees’ benefits entitlements in line with approved conditions of service.
- Responsible for processing monthly payroll for all Staff for approval and payments.
- Reviews monthly payroll reports to identify any inconsistencies for redress.
- Leads in the preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Liaise with approved Banks and Third Parties to ensure prompt resolution of issues relating to financial transactions.
- Prepares SSNIT, VAT and PAYE returns for payment to Statutory Institutions.
- Participates and provides input in annual audit activities.
- Provides support in the preparation of monthly/quarterly financial reports (i.e., Income Statements, Balance Sheet, etc.) and prepare any other report relating to job function.
- Performs any other duty(s) assigned by Supervisor.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field with six (6) years of working experience.
- Good knowledge and understanding in the use of accounting and auditing methodologies and tools.
- Good knowledge/understanding of tax laws and related regulations.
- Good working knowledge and experience in preparing cash forecasts and cash flow analyses.
- Ability to create solutions to new financial challenges.
- Good financial knowledge, including investment planning, and asset allocation.
- Good knowledge/understanding of investment portfolio management.
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work with all categories of employees.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and execute projects.
- Good decision-making based on thorough analysis.
- Good knowledge of accounting software/tools, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and the internet.
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills in a “team” setting
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.