Editor - Ghana News AgencyAdvertising/Media Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Ghana News Agency (GNA) is inviting applications from suitably qualified, result-driven, competent, and dynamic professionals to fill various vacant positions. The available position is Editor.
Job Description: Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops story or content ideas, considering the Agency’s mandate and the public interest.
- Plans and processes the information in line with the Agency’s style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements.
- Conducts interviews, investigates, and makes follow-ups on events to produce truthful, fair, and accurate news reports.
- Covers assignments and writes stories and feature articles in a clear and concise form for publication.
- Ensures subscribers receive timely, relevant, high-quality content and stories in the public interest.
- Does live reports from the scene and undertakes specialized field and project assignments.
- Research background of stories and produce comprehensive and accurate information for news features, documentaries and special reports.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with individuals who are credible sources of information to keep the flow of news in the national interest.
- Investigates breaking news, such as disasters, crimes, or human-interest stories.
- Edits news stories, check facts and legal breaches, names, and titles of newsmakers to ascertain authenticity to ensure high quality news reports and feature articles that conform to GNA’s house style, vision, and mission.
- Rewrites stories by reporters when necessary to meet editorial and professional standards.
- Plans daily assignments for reporters.
- Briefs reporters before sending them out on assignments.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or Communications with at least ten years working experience as a Journalist.
- Demonstrate ability to generate and develop story ideas.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and must understand at least one Ghanaian Language.
- Good understanding of current affairs and capacity to engage in analysis of political, economic and social issues.
- Must have a social media presence.
- Should be able to undertake standup interviews.
- Demonstrate ability to edit scripts and news stories.
- Experience in audio and/or video or documentary production
- Strong knowledge and commitment to upholding ethical and professional standards.
- Passion for generating and writing interesting and relevant stories.
- Critical thinker, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Great interpersonal skills and team player.
- Ability to work under pressure and good time management skills.
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.