Senior HSE Trainer - Newmont Mining CorporationEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health, and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities, and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To develop, deliver, conduct, assess and evaluate mandatory and required theoretical and practical Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) training administered to new employees, contractors and daily hire staff, on all HSE trainings / topics, for Learning and Development (L&D) orientation and specific Human Resource training, within Newmont mine.
In This Role, You Will
Training, Planning and Preparation
- Assist with staff training development needs and identification.
- Develop lesson plans, according to the Health and Safety topic presented.
- Investigate, research, design and build training materials relating to Health and Safety in the mine environment.
- Assist in the revision of existing training topic materials.
- Develop effective induction programs and deliver technical hazard training programs such as confined space entry training, safe work at height, lockout tagout and try out, and chemical awareness.
- Develop and deliver safety pieces in the labor pool program.
- Coordinate labor pool programs and organize logistics for the program.
- Assist in training room /class set and preparation before training starts.
- Assist in developing and reviewing of training schedules and plans to meet the demands of the business.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Train and assess both Newmont employees and contractors, in accordance with approved and prescribed Newmont Africa Health and Safety principles.
- Assess experienced employees to establish current levels of competency.
- Identify competency gaps arising from the assessment and recommend appropriate level of training that will be required.
- Maintain complete training record rosters of all classroom training given, in accordance with Newmont and Learning and Development department requirements.
- Assist with the evaluation of existing Newmont Health and Safety training programs.
- Assist and guide the participants who cannot read and write properly to understand questions to be able choose the correct answer.
- Assist in the development of Health and Safety modules and related training materials.
- Adhere strictly to the training policies of Newmont Africa and align to global training standards.
- Emphasize the importance of Health and Safety in all aspects of the delivery of training to drive the culture of zero harm.
- Conduct general inductions and other relevant mandatory Health and Safety trainings for both new hires and contractors.
- Conduct both instructor-led and face-to-face Health and Safety training for employees and contractors.
- Conduct Health and Safety refresher training for current employees and contractors.
- Maintain all necessary processes and procedures, as outlined in Learning Solution (LSO).
- Ensure all training records are entered in SAP and training assessments are properly filed.
- Prepare and present reports on training outcomes for the Learning and Development department.
- Monitor progress of employees and contractors (on the field) and provide ongoing training and instruction, as required.
- Give feedback to contractors on various trainings.
- Prepare weekly training reports.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Higher National Diploma in Health and Safety.
- Workplace Trainer and Assessor Certification is preferable.
- Health, Safety & Environment Officer Certification (MINCOM).
- Sound theoretical, practical knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety principles in a large-scale gold mining project.
- Sound knowledge of competency-based curricula.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of working experience in an instructional training and delivery environment, preferably with a Health and Safety background.
- Excellent teaching and facilitation skills.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Sound computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Sound information monitoring and management skills.
- Sound planning, organizing, and prioritizing skills.
- Customer focused.
- Goal orientated.
- Safety Conscious.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.