GIS Consultant - KhulisaConsulting Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
At Khulisa, we believe in a practical approach to engaging committed and capable local employees, this increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. For more information on Khulisa, please visit www.khulisa.com
The USAID Peace through Evaluation, Learning, and Adaptation II activity (PELA II) seeks to hire a short-term Geographic Information System (GIS) Consultant in Accra - Ghana. The purpose of hiring for this position is to contribute technical assistance for the creation, updating, and maintenance of GIS-based interactive maps as part of the Knowledge Management (KM) component of PELA’s program activities. In this regard, the GIS consultant will work with the PELA team.
Duties & Responsibilities for the GIS Consultant
The successful applicant will develop, maintain, and update series GIS based interactive maps for PELA II. The incumbent will thus, develop and implement a strategic and tactical framework for leveraging information to support the development and distribution of technical information.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Create, update, and maintain GIS-based interactive maps.
- Provide mentoring assistance to the PELA II team to enable them to acquire basic skills for managing the developed GIS-based interactive maps.
- Provide technical support for the development of a GIS Database to enhance the capacity of PELA's Democracy, Rights and Governance, P/CVE, MEL, and Research departments to collect, analyze and disseminate vital information to stakeholders and partners.
- Hold consultations with relevant stakeholders on the need for and potential uses of GIS-based information.
- Review current capacity and activities for the collection, analysis, and dissemination of GIS-based information to aid policy formulation, program development, and decision-making.
- Conceptualize and design a GIS-based system to be accessible to all stakeholders.
- Determine how Google Maps spatial information may be overlaid on existing spatially referenced data (point data in particular) to be acquired through PELA’s stakeholders.
- Provide a framework to help identify the necessary steps that must be taken by PELA and its stakeholders to be sure that their data, when aggregated, can be linked within the appropriate databases for spatial mapping purposes using the software systems available within USAID.
- Determine how Google Maps spatial information can be used to map the location of USG-funded activities in West Africa. This will provide a very useful tool to USAID for the purpose of planning site visits for USG officials.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in GIS and/or Geography with evidence of 3 years of daily experience using GIS in those fields; MA and higher degrees preferred unless candidates have at least 5 years of daily experience with using GIS.
- Field experience in the management of development programs, peacebuilding, democracy, rights, and governance interventions, and working with host governmental agencies in West Africa is desired.
- Knowledge and experience with MapBox, ERSI GIS software packages, Google Maps, and web-based GIS applications is essential; knowledge of GIS coding and programming languages for use in web-based applications is preferred;
- Experience with database creation and maintenance
- Previous experience with USAID grants, especially programmatic reporting requirements, is preferred.
- Ability to perform responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Documented interactive map creation ability.
- Fluency in spoken and written English; and French
CONTINUE READING BELOW
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.