Import and Export Lead - GBfoods AfricaFMCG Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Tema 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
At GBfoods we offer culinary solutions in several countries of Europe and Africa with prestigious leading local brands, including Jumbo, Gallina Blanca, Erasco, Gino, Liebig, Star, Bama, D&L, Grand'Italia, and Blå Band, among others.
Our Purpose “Celebrating local flavors” is to empower and take care of each of the local communities we belong to and to bring out their authentic flavors. Some of our local brands have been in consumers' kitchens for over a century and have positioned themselves as authentically loved brands, as well as deeply rooted parts of the local culture.
Today, with a turnover of around 1,2 billion euros and a team of around 3,000 people, we are the preferred choice of millions of consumers.
Role & Responsibilities:
The successful individual will deliver a reliable and consistent clearing and forwarding service for all imports and exports to support the manufacturing, maintenance, and Trade activities in Ghana and across some west African markets.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
You will be interacting and communicating with Statutory Institutions, Clearing, and Forwarding Agents to ensure confidence in our import and export processes.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Coordinate activities to mitigate associated import and export costs by liaising with suppliers and service providers regularly to ensure delivery dates of imports and exports are met without delays.
- Process statutory exemptions, regulatory permits and licenses, and other government approvals for import and export operations.
- Assist Import and Export Team on Freight Forwarding and Customs Clearance, to ensure contractual compliance, timely and cost-effective logistics, and supply chain solutions.
- Maintain records for accounting purposes in accordance with company procedures, including the checking of all invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and Customs regulations.
- Supervises a team of people including organizing work schedules and issuing shipping instructions to ensure delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Maintains close liaison among agents, brokers, transporters, and warehouses to ensure complete visibility on imports and exports containers.
- Coordinate with Shipping Lines and Forwarders with regard to billings, charges, and other related matters.
- Prepare shipping instructions, and documents, and coordinate bookings with carriers for export orders
- Coordinating with accounts to ensure payments are made to suppliers within the specified payment terms
What can you expect from us?
Being part of a multinational company where you will be able to contribute to the growth and development of a business while being developed and equipped for success.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
What do we expect from you?
We are looking for someone who is committed, has professional logistics experience and is ready to explore the opportunities and challenges that the role brings.
- Complete understanding of significant legal and commercial issues within the supply chain.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with diverse business drivers and variables.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven capabilities to perform as a team player.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, CILT or related discipline.
- Minimum five years experiences in a similar role
- Good knowledge in the use of PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience working with an FMCG in a multicultural environment.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.