Process Operators - UnileverEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Tema 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Process Operators manage the full production process in the manufacturing plant. They monitor equipment to ensure the quality, efficiency, and safety of the plant.
The Process Operator is responsible for the safe operation of production equipment to deliver customer requirements through the completion of the production plan, adhering to quality standards, and maximizing cost effectiveness, optimal running, and equipment efficiency.
She/he is expected to conduct cleaning and inspection activities and record any issues/problems with the equipment to pass to the Technical Operator to resolve. The Machine Operator should master the operation of a series of machines to provide factory resilience.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Technical - Knowledge and application of technical skills to Operate machinery safely and effectively to meet the production plan. Conduct cleaning and lubrication as required.
- Possess basic knowledge of the principles of mechanism, motion, and pneumatics.
- Maintain machinery to the prescribed standards and levels of cleanliness.
- Understand the properties of materials being handled. Able to perform correct adjustment and setting.
- Proactively work with Professional Maintenance and Quality Control staff to achieve zero breakdowns and zero defects.
- Carry out product and process changeovers/washouts to maintain quality standards whilst minimizing the impact to the production plan.
- Safety –Use all appropriate safety and environmental procedures relating to the Sourcing Unit and allocated equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team. Understand the legal responsibility placed upon individuals.
- Workplace Hazards - Full knowledge of the workplace and hazards within it. Use all appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products, and equipment relevant to the task.
- Environment - Reduce costs due to waste and minimize impact to health, safety, and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct management of waste and hazardous materials.
- Quality - Monitors quality against set standards and reports any product and packaging faults. Detects process abnormalities quickly and takes emergency action to prevent them.
- Continuous Improvement – Knowledge and understanding of the key principles of WCM and an awareness of the tools used to identify and prioritize losses in the production area and eliminate them; role requires data collection. Monitor measures and performance after initial improvements and take further action as required.
- Problem-Solving – A Working Knowledge of how to identify, prioritize and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence. Must demonstrate initiative.
- Decision Making - Can make decisions to reject non-compliant products and to support the work plan for the day.
- Teamwork – Must be a good team player capable of working within a highly effective team; responsible, supportive, and able communicator.
- Administration - Conducts effective hand-over activities and records accurately events that have occurred during shift (cases packed/ rejects/maintenance conducted etc.).
- Physical Ability – Machine Operators require a level of agility to move quickly between workstations, and ascend and descend steps. Assembly and control operations also require a level of hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity.
- Must be flexible within the pattern of shift work to accommodate factory shutdowns, training courses, etc.
- (The minimum requirement from the JSP should be described, incl degrees/qualifications preferred, noting qualifications vary globally).
- National school leaver qualifications in Reading and Comprehension, Writing, and Mathematics. This will support the recording of data, analysis of machine performance, and general teamwork skills with an emphasis on communication skills.
- (Please detail essential and desirable experience, including no. of years).
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Basic mechanical awareness of the principles of factory automation.
- Can maintain focus and discipline for the task whilst demonstrating good critical thinking skills to protect output targets.
- IT Skills – Competent in the use of Machine data and control systems that record Material Movement, Loss, and Quality. Must also be competent in the use of Microsoft Office; Excel and Word programs.
PREFERRED / DESIRABLE:
- Experience as a Machine Operator.
- Experience of manufacturing in a Fast-Moving Consumer Goods Company.
- Demonstrate strong mechanical aptitude to progress onto the Unilever Technical Operator Curriculum (Entry, Developing and Full level).
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.