Health & Safety Advisor - Cardinal Namdini Mining LimitedMining Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Bolgatanga 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Cardinal Namdini Mining Limited (CNML) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shandong Gold Mining Co. Ltd., which is duly listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE) and Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKSE). CNML is developing its’ primary asset located in the Upper East Region of Ghana with a strategic vision to build a world-leading, highly valuable and responsible world-class gold mining enterprise.
To support the project to meet the requirements of the Health and Safety Management system and driving Health and Safety initiatives in the workplace(infield) whilst ensuring that Health and Safety related legislations are adhered to.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Primary Accountabilities (Duties & Responsibilities)
- Provide proactive and professional health and safety advice to Cardinal Namdini Mining Limited (CNML) team and contractor teams on site to avert incidents and accidents.
- Support the development of Occupational Health and Safety policies, procedures, and programs.
- Actively promote health and safety culture that mitigates the risk of injury to personnel and damage to plant and equipment.
- Monitor the implementation of the project Health and Safety Management plan to achieve project targets. This includes coordinating risk assessments and site inspections.
- Monitor the health and safety status and drive continuous improvement to provide the best possible health and safety direction for the project. This includes attending all Project Health and Safety Committee meetings and contractor pre-start information and toolbox meetings as the CNML representative.
- Conduct project health and safety induction for all new starters on the project.
- Assist the Systems Administrator to maintain all health and safety records on-site in accordance with CNML and statutory requirements.
- Review all incidents investigations including near-miss incidents and facilitate incident investigations.
- Perform any other related duties based on the exigencies of the Company as assigned by the Supervisor
Required Skills or Experience
Minimum qualification (s)
- A degree in Health and Safety, Environment, Engineering, Physical or Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, or related discipline.
- A minimum of the HSE Officer’s certificate of competence from the Minerals Commission
- Relevant professional certification in Occupational Health and Safety (e.g., NEBOSH preferred)
- Minimum of 4 years H&S advisory experience in the extractive, mining, manufacturing and/or Construction industry
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Sound knowledge of health and safety regulations and laws in the Mining industry in Ghana
- Sound knowledge in Occupational Health and Safety Management system preferably ISO 45001:2018
- Ability to communicate orally in the local dialect is an added advantage.
- Ability to lead others and work simultaneously as a member of a team.
- Ability to control demeanor and act confidently in challenging and emergency circumstances.
- A minimum of Ghana DVLA license category B and a minimum of 2 years driving experience.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.