Lead Engineer: Tailings Storage Facility - Cardinal Namdini Mining LimitedEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Bolgatanga 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Cardinal Namdini Mining Limited (CNML) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shandong Gold Mining Co. Ltd., which is duly listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE) and Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKSE). CNML is developing its’ primary asset located in the Upper East Region of Ghana with a strategic vision to build a world-leading, highly valuable and responsible world-class gold mining enterprise.
To lead the TSF construction and provide technical support to the construction team. The role will have key interface with TSF QA/QC team and as well as EOR to ensure construction is carried out to engineering specifications to achieve the required milestones in line with regulations.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Primary Accountabilities (Duties & Responsibilities)
- Directs field work programs associated with geotechnical site investigations on the TSF Project
- Interprets in-situ data from geotechnical site investigations and analyze data from laboratory testing to determine type, classification, and geotechnical engineering characteristics of soils
- Utilizes the above information or information provided by others, perform geotechnical analysis and designs of, or make recommendations for, project components including excavations, dams, foundations, fluid or mine waste impoundments, spillways, pipeline or penstock anchorages
- Leads the development of clear and concise letters or reports to present the complete work to stakeholders
- Provides technical review of study reports, drawings, and technical specifications for the TSF project
- Reviews project information including source criteria, scope of work, procedures and requirements, diagrams and drawings, specifications, and other documents, to determine the approach and work to be undertaken, budgeted, scheduled, and implemented. This requires working with a single engineering or scientific discipline or multiple disciplines.
- Mentors and develops less experienced staff in completing work tasks that meet quality/efficiency expectations. Lead and demonstrate through responsible project management leadership. Emphasize teamwork and look for continuous improvement in all individual task and project work.
- Becomes the owner’s liaison in all matters related to the project or the undertaking. Develops working relationships with the consultant’s representatives and staff.
- Performs any other related duties based on the exigencies of the project/ Company as assigned by the Supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
Minimum qualification (s)
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil/Geological engineering and related discipline
- Registered member of the Ghana Institution of Engineers
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- 10 years of progressive working experience on a TSF/Earth embankment project with at least 6 years of supervisory level experience
- Intimately understand and work effectively in the field of geotechnical engineering on the TSF project
- Geotechnical engineering
- Soil mechanics
- Embankment engineering
- Earth slope stability analysis
- Soil material classification
- Technical report writing and interpretation
- People management
- Negotiating skills
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.