Accounts Assistant - WANEP GhanaAccounting Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The West Africa Network for Peacebuilding, Ghana (WANEP-Ghana) is a non-profit making peacebuilding Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). It is a civil society institution meant to prevent, resolve, and transform violent conflicts through collective and coordinated efforts of NGOs, local and national state institutions as well as individuals actively engaged in peacebuilding practice in Ghana in order to avoid the duplication of efforts and maximize resources for more effective responses to conflict situations.
The organization seeks to facilitate the creation of a sustainable culture of non-violence, justice, peace and social reconciliation in Ghanaian communities.
WANEP is a West Africa sub-regional NGO whose mission is to enable and facilitate the development of mechanisms for cooperation among civil society-based peacebuilding practitioners and organizations in West Africa. It has offices (National Network Offices) in 15 countries in West Africa.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Ghana office with its National Secretariat located in Tamale, is seeking an experienced person to fill the position of an Accounts Assistant. The successful applicant will be stationed in Tamale with periodic travels to project districts in northern Ghana.
- Review financial records to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Review day-to-day financial transactions and post same to the relevant ledgers in the books of Accounts.
- Review, manage and reconcile staff advances on regular basis.
- Inspect, verify and reconcile accounts receivable and payables records and balances.
- Assist in preparation of annual accounts and annual budget.
- Maintain, manage and update records of all inventories.
- Perform reconciliation of banking transactions.
- Monitor and provide support to program teams in managing budgets.
- Manage and maintain proper records of office petty cash.
- Review travel advances for accuracy and completeness for approval
- Review float retirements for accuracy and completeness for approval
- Monitor and pay office bills promptly.
- Assist in the preparation and payment of all Statutory obligations.
- Undertake any other responsibilities assigned by the finance and administration team leader.
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of two years of work experience in the field of accounting
- Possess a minimum of a Higher National Diploma or first Degree in accounting from an accredited institution.
- Applicants must be a minimum of 25 years of age.
- Applicant must be conversant with the use of Tally or QuickBooks Accounting software.
- Willing and available to travel on short notice and work extra time.
- Speak English fluently and have good writing skills.
- Be culturally and conflict-sensitive and be a good team player.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.