Curriculum Designer & Reading Tutor - BooksieEducation Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Booksie is a pan-African online children’s bookshop and literacy centre on a mission to make African children’s books easily accessible and to help children fall in love with books. Learn more at www.mybooksiebox.com
About the role
The Curriculum Designer and Reading Tutor will design curriculum, lesson plans and activities that teach children how to read using a combination of Jolly Phonics and Booksie’s own developed learning-to-read programme. The end goal is to get readers to fall in love with reading and books by improving their reading proficiency.
Your work will be a fun cross between being a preschool literacy teacher and a librarian.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Your role and responsibilities
- Design a learning-to-read curriculum using a combination of Jolly Phonics and Booksie’s learning-to-read programme
- Create lesson plans based on the curriculum. These will be delivered by you and other reading tutors
- Design activities and games that teach reading
- Design and create teaching-learning materials
- Train tutors, interns and volunteers to understand and deliver the curriculum
- At least 2 years of experience being a preschool teacher
- Training and certification in teaching jolly phonics
- Montessori training is a plus
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Must be computer literate and know how to use Microsoft word, excel, and PowerPoint
- Fantastic research skills
- Must be a bookworm
- A love for arts and crafts and DIY activities is a plus
- Some knowledge of and experience with design software such as Canva, Easil, Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator, etc
- Must be motivated, disciplined, a self-starter and very organised
- Good knowledge of Google suite (google docs, sheets, slides, etc)
- Must be creative and brimming with ideas
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Requested application materials
- Writing samples: lesson plans, blogs or articles (optional)
- Assignment – to be sent to applicant once resume has been submitted and reviewed
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.