MIS & Data Science Manager - Vodafone GhanaIT Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Accra 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The MIS & Data Science Analyst:
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include all relevant information for developing analytic systems
- Using machine learning tools to select features, create and optimize classifiers and carrying out pre-processing of structured and unstructured data
- Employs the innovative use of technology to automate and improve the quality, relevance, and timely generation of reports and dashboards
- Drive continuous improvement to create efficiencies in service delivery
- Support the dissemination of financial information on business performance to key stakeholders including, but not limited to, Management, Commercial Performance teams, Regulators and External Auditors
- Participate in advanced data modelling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities
- Deliver reports and insights that analyse business functions and key operations and performance metrics using available BI tools and ensure all reporting timelines are met
- Provide analytics and insights to the business on consumer behaviour /usage and the impact of network performance on service revenue and prepare all business forecast
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Provide data and insights to the finance decision support team (CBU & EBU) to make informed decisions on new product development and portfolio rationalization and ensure a high level of data quality for all reporting and analysis
- Provide data and insights to the commercial business units and finance decision support teams to aid in conducting post-implementation reviews on newly launched products
- Collaborate with the finance decision support team (Technology) to generate actionable insights on cell site profitability and track regional performance
- Develop & maintain inventory of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems, owners
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise
- Data mining or extracting usable data from valuable data sources and processing, cleansing, and validating the integrity of data to be used for analysis
- Analysing large amounts of information to find patterns and solutions and Developing prediction systems and machine learning algorithms
- Presenting results in a clear manner and propose solutions and strategies to tackle business challenges whiles collaborating closely with Business and IT teams
Core competencies, knowledge, and experience
Leadership and teamwork
- Must be able to work effortlessly within the team and across the business to drive discussions on business performance
- Must show initiative and anticipate the needs of the team and work proactively to deliver the necessary support
Innovation and change
- Must have a natural inclination for seeking out new ideas and opportunities
- Should exhibit creativity in approaching everyday challenges in the workplace
- Design, automate and disseminate interactive business reports to generate actionable insights
- Train end-users on the use of data and analytics software or tools
- Must be able to plough through challenges and see all tasks to their conclusion
- Constructively challenge and assist CVM, EVM and the new Product development teams with data and insights to manage customer base, reduce churn and develop exciting products
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Good applied statistical skills, including knowledge of statistical tests, distributions, regression, maximum likelihood estimators, etc. Proficiency in statistics is essential for data-driven decision making
- Must have strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Must possess excellent attention to detail
- Proven experience using excel
- Understanding of machine-learning and data mining technologies. Good knowledge of machine learning methods like k-Nearest Neighbours, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests
- Knowledge of R, SQL, and Python
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau)
- An understanding of budgeting procedures, methods and evaluation criteria
- Strong Math Skills (Multivariable Calculus and Linear Algebra) – understanding the fundamentals of Multivariable Calculus and Linear Algebra is important as the basis for predictive performance or algorithm optimization techniques
- Must be able to communicate confidently both orally and in writing. Presentations to the business is a normal requirement for this role
- Must have good interpersonal skills to support working closely with the Financial teams within the business
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics/Statistics, Actuarial Science
- Prior experience in the telecoms industry (an advantage but not required)
- Knowledge in AI/ML, SAP, HFM, SQL, Python, R , Power BI, Tableau and other relevant system software
- Knowledge of revenue streams within the telecoms industry (an advantage but not a requirement)
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.