Heavy Duty Fitter - Underground Mining AllianceEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Obuasi 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
UMA is seeking to employ qualified and experienced people to fill the position of Heavy-Duty Fitter. This is an Obuasi-based Fixed Term Contract position with a competitive work roster at its operation in Obuasi. The remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidate.
The position will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanised mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome-focused environment.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Workshop duties servicing of large fleet of underground mining
- Attend breakdowns of machines in various locations underground and surface.
- Inspecting trucks, Bogger, IT, Jumbo, Sandvik production drills, Normet charmec, Agi Truck and Spraymec machines so they maintain proper performance.
- Diagnosing mechanical and hydraulic faults using schematics, manuals, and electronic testing equipment.
- Adjusting equipment so they perform at the optimum level, diagnosing and replacing components that have faults.
- Repairing and rebuilding of worn and damaged equipment components.
- Maintaining equipment by conducting routine daily and time-based services on heavy-duty vehicles.
- Inspect machinery and organize parts required to perform repairs to machinery before they develop and fail.
- Performing major component changeouts and repairs to buckets, engines, transmissions, drivelines when necessary.
- Consulting with other mechanics to share knowledge and experience to help all with completing repairs correctly.
- Reporting damaged or faulty equipment and items needed for repair to supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of 3 (Three) years’ preferably Underground experience in Hard Rock mining in a mechanized mine operating Underground Haulage equipment.
- NVTI Part III / Diploma or Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution.
- MINCOM Certification as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic/Fitter will be an added advantage.
- Proven work experience as a Diesel or Heavy Equipment Mechanic in a mining environment.
- Experience with Sandvik LH517I, LH621, LH517 and LH514 Boggers in tele-remote bogging in underground mining industry is an added advantage.
- Must possess valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and can drive underground.
- Demonstrated abilities to work within a team environment;
- Must demonstrate strong work ethics and be able to communicate courteously with co-workers;
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to work on shift rotation;
- Basic understanding of computer testing technologies.
- Able to demonstrate an appropriate safety consciousness
- A proactive attitude toward safety and hazard identification.
- Extensive knowledge of diesel engines and mining/construction equipment.
- Flexibility and willingness to assist with varied tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to work after-hours if required.
- Good communication skills.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.