Database and IT Support Assistant: FERARI - IFDCIT Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Balanced fertilizers are essential for sustainable agricultural intensification. Widespread adoption of appropriate fertilizers requires a transformation of the fertilizer and food systems that must be driven by evidence-based agro-technical perspectives embedded in multi-stakeholder processes to create enabling conditions for adoption. This public-private program in Ghana “Fertilizer Research and Responsible Implementation (FERARI)” will integrate an on-the-ground implementation program to develop the fertilizer value chain and transdisciplinary research by
PhD’s and Postdoc’s. The program will, among others, interact with the Ghanaian Agricultural Program “Planting for Food and Jobs” to enhance its impact. The graduates will be supervised by internationally renowned universities and strengthen the research capacity at Ghanaian institutions, the Mohammed VI Polytechnic University in Morocco and IFDC. IFDC leads the program, carrying out the implementation component and co-supervising the researchers in the program.
FERARI needs an assistant in supporting the harmonization of data from agronomic trials and economic surveys, population of IFDC-FERARI Files Catalog System and the development of FERARI’s database systems. The candidate will have an education in database development and basic experience in working with database systems.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Execute work activities under supervision of the FERARI’s Agronomic modeling and Mapping Specialist and Country Coordinator.
- Support harmonization and standardization of agronomic data files from agronomic trials and economic surveys.
- Support collecting and populating data and reports into FERARI’s Files Catalog System
- Support the development of FERARI’s database system.
- Participate in meetings to support other related activities under the assigned directorate.
- Assist in the collection and processing of data using drone technology.
- Organize all survey instruments for field data collection (KoboCollect - ODK Collect app)
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Extensive knowledge in the use of Microsoft suite
- Experienced in the use of data collection tools such as Kobocollect
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the use of IT in agricultural sciences and practice
- Experienced in working with international agricultural research organizations in a multicultural environment
- Good communication skills and ability to teach
CONTINUE READING BELOW
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.