Administrative Officer: Logistics - International Water Management InstituteAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI), a CGIAR Research Center is looking for a competent, self-motivated, and dynamic candidate to join IWMI’s office in Accra, Ghana as Administrative Officer – Logistics.
Under direct supervision of the Administrative Manager, to provide efficient and timely administrative services for the IWMI West Africa Office and its hosted partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the transport unit including the supervision of staff attached to the transport unit.
- Manage the transport requirements of the Institute including scheduling drivers based on transport requests.
- Ensure the maintenance, servicing and repair of IWMI vehicles in a timely manner.
- Prepare accurate monthly statements from the vehicle log sheet and submit same to the accountant after approval.
- Maintain the vehicle Maintenance File and vehicle Registration File in an orderly manner.
- Supervise the fueling of IWMI vehicles in a timely manner.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Assist IWMI International Staff to obtain a Driving Licenses.
- Oversee the renewal of Road Worthy and Insurance Certificates for IWMI vehicles and vehicles of hosted organizations.
- Obtain CD number plates for IWMI vehicles/vehicles of internationally recruited staff as well as hosted organizations and its’ international staff.
- Organize travel arrangements including ticketing, insurance, and accommodation.
- Support the Administrative Manager to arrange temporary accommodation within and outside Accra for staff and associates local consultants engaged to work for the office.
- Arrange transport (from Accra to the field and on-site) for all field trips.
- Purchase airline tickets for staff, consultants and interns undertaking field trips on behalf of the office.
- Arrange hotel booking for staff, consultants, and interns undertaking field trips. as may be requested (i.e beyond field trips)
- Make logistical arrangements for visitors’ Visas and Residents Permits.
- Process ID Cards (Ghana Foreign Ministry, Non-citizen cards, etc) for IWMI international staff/spouse and international staff/spouse of hosted Institutions.
- Process and manage residence permits for IWMI international staff/spouse and children and international staff/spouse and children of hosted organizations.
- Process visas for IWMI staff and staff of hosted organizations undertaking international trips.
- Process visas for all visitors to the IWMI Ghana office including IWMI staff from other regions visiting the office.
- Implement the day-to-day delivery of procurement services (stationery and other office items, including support to the projects on their procurement needs) following IWMI procurement guidelines and procedures.
- Is responsible for local procurement of goods, equipment and events in consultation with Head Office, according to procurement policy.
- Prepares purchase requisition and purchase orders.
- Processes customs clearance procedures (duty-free import of goods)
- Processes and monitors the clearance of goods.
- Support the Administrative Manager in handling IWMI shipment including the shipment of personal effects for international staff and hosted organizations.
- Responsible for managing maintenance requirements of the IWMI Ghana Offices and infrastructure.
- Attend to repair needs and schedule maintenance work on the IWMI buildings, and allied services for example, air conditioning, electrical and plumbing systems, water supply, fire hydrants and standby generator set etc.
- Monitor electricity and water consumption to ensure sustainable use of energy and water.
- Provide assistance in implementing energy saving initiatives.
- Carry out quarterly safety audits covering the premises and eliminating any safety threats.
- Responsible for managing the maintenance requirements of the IWMI Ghana Offices and Infrastructure.
- Attend to repair needs and schedule maintenance work on the IWMI buildings, and all allied services.
- Ensure provision of periodic reports and maintenance of database for maintenance unit.
Qualification Required & Experience
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A University Degree in Administration or Social Science or equivalent qualification/training and experience in Administration.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Well-developed knowledge of IWMI administrative and transport operating protocols and policies.
- Experience in dealing with government institutions.
- Conversant in MS Office software packages.
- Experience in similar International Organization.
- Good command of the English Language.
- Demonstrate a “whole-of-service” approach and a focus on maintaining high quality services.
- Good teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good personal organization and priority setting skills.
- Well-developed administrative skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to take initiative and capable of working independently.
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.