Legal Officer - Judicial Service of GhanaLegal Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Judicial Service invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians for the following position: Legal Officer
Duties / Responsibilities:
He/She will assist in:
- Preparing and filing writs, pleadings, submissions, statements of cases, witness statements and other court/legal processes both for and against the institution
- Representing the institution in court and other fora such as the labour commission, etc, when necessary
- Advising on cases that should be referred to the external lawyers of the institution in the discharge of their obligations to the institution
- Advising on statutory compliances.
- Researching and preparing legal opinions on civil matters affecting the institution
- Drafting and/or reviewing letters, contracts and agreements for and on behalf of the institution and monitoring legal obligations under agreements to ensure compliance
- Assisting in the formulation, implementation and/or amendment of the institution policies
- Providing sound legal advice for the institution and making recommendations to management as necessary
- Conducting research and providing opinions on internal issues
- Causing to be maintained, a database of the status of all court matters involving the institution
- Providing corporate secretarial services
- Submitting reports to Line Manager as required
- Performing other functions assigned
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
- LLB/BA and BL
- Must be on the roll of lawyers and a member of the Ghana Bar Association in good standing
- A high moral character with proven integrity
- A Master's degree would be an advantage
- other advantage: Corporate Secretarial experience
- Should be highly proficient in the use of ICT tools
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.