Safety, Health & Environment Site Officer I - AECOMConstruction Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunities for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have the freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
The HSS Supervisor is responsible for leading the site safety communication and training and ensure that laid down controls are being adhered to by all. He/She is responsible for the planned inspection of equipment and plants as well as emergency safety equipment on site. He/she will directly collaborate with contractor Safety Officers and Engineering Supervisors to enforce the requirements of the project HSS plan.
The HSS Supervisor’s duties will include, but will not be limited to, taking particular responsibility for;
- Assisting in the achievement of HSS goals and initiatives by enforcing HSS policies and procedures in compliance with national regulations as they apply to the project.
- Reviewing method statements and ensuring that all site activities are risk assessed and required controls are implemented before any activity commences.
- Ensuring adherence to project policies, procedures, and rules at all work fronts.
- Facilitating safety meetings with contractors and subcontractors, training on SOP’s and various miscellaneous initiatives as requested.
- Leading pre-task briefings and toolbox talks on site.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Considering the appropriateness of protective equipment and ensuring employees have everything they need to work safely.
- Conducting daily site inspections and surveys and leading the close out of any deviations on site.
- Ensuring safe operation of all equipment through timely equipment inspections by all contractors and subcontractors
- Implementing and enforcing the project Permit to Work (PTW) system for high-risk activities.
- Training and enforcing the stop work (red card) policy
- Ensuring that all incidents including near misses and complaints are reported, investigated, and follow up actions are implemented.
- Leading and supporting the onsite emergency response for all emergency situations.
- Maintaining proper records of all site activities and preparing reports to the HSS Manager
- Monitoring employee’s safety performance and recommending incentives or disciplinary actions for workers.
- Under direct supervision, implements policies and procedures to assure awareness of and compliance with health and safety requirements of the organization.
- Provides technical leadership and functional guidance to ensure regulatory standards are being enforced.
- Ensures that quality control procedures are executed to monitor all aspects of regulations.
- Serves in a liaison capacity with the resident contract agency representative and other various agencies engaged in promoting environmental safety and health activities.
- Drafts all necessary reports to federal, state and local agencies.
- Coordinates audits of health and safety programs within the organization.
- Assists in the development and conducts basic health, safety and environment (HSE) training to employees.
- Communicates programs to enhance employee awareness of prevention and compliance.
- May administer a HSE program on a small to medium sized, specialized, project or multiple projects.
- Prepares reports and recommends corrective action.Technically responsible for a major phase or component of a project.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.