Regional Purchasing Associate - FHI 360Purchasing/Procurement Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Regional Purchasing Associate II will support the work of FHI 360’s West Africa Middle East Regional Office (WAMERO). The WAMERO office provides oversight of bilateral projects and support for country offices in the region, which also includes Latin America and the Caribbean and Eastern Europe.
The Regional Purchasing Associate supports the development and implementation of processes related to issuing and managing procurements. Work will include quality review of procurement packages and training and support of WAMERO and project staff in policies and procedures related to procurement processes, templates, and standards.
S/he will work under the supervision of the Associate Director, Quality Assurance to strengthen and support subaward work and processes. Focus will be on compliance with processes and standards related to procurement.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Provide leadership and support the implementation of procurement process for WAMERO and Project/Country Offices in this region including developing or contributing to WAMERO specific procedures or tools as needed.
- Serve as a resource for project teams on procurement standards, processes, and topics;
- Review procurement packages prepared by country office and project teams to ensure completeness of documentation and compliance with FHI 360 and donor policies and procedures. Route to Regional Office Director for approval and/or signature;
- May assist with project launch and provide training on procurement processes and standards as needed;
- Maintain procurement tracker;
- Proactively advises and builds capacity of Regional Office staff and Country/Project Office staff for procurement process and management.
- Identify areas of compliance risk and escalate as necessary to appropriate levels of leadership;
- Problem-solve with project staff around issues specific to procurement and compliance, coordinating with project and regional office leadership as needed;
- Support work with Enterprise Services on revising and improving existing processes;
- Contribute to work with WAMERO colleagues to identify and develop process improvements and implement best practices related to procurement processes;
- Train regional and project staff on internal processes, standards, best practices, and compliance issues related to procurements;
- Liaise with Global Procurement Services staff in HQ as needed to clarify FHI 360 standard procedures, ensure consistent practice, stay informed of changes or updates to internal templates or processes, and seek advise on situation specific issues as needed;
- Maintain knowledge of internal procedures and templates, and donor rules and regulations and inform the team of the changes in policies and procedures and templates;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of standards and functions and applies the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of procurement activities.
- Ability to learn and become an expert in FHI 360 policies, procedures, and templates regarding procurement services.
- Knowledge of donor (USG and non-USG) rules and regulations related to procurement.
- Interacts with colleagues using both oral and written communication skills to discuss processes or issues.
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form.
- Communicate structured information in a clear, concise, and organized manner suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong ability to manage and meet multiple tasks.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships that foster organizational success.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Fluency in French language is preferred.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Reviews and determines compliance with laws and regulations; draw conclusions; makes recommendations for approval.
- Researches, investigates and analyzes data.
- Exercises judgment within defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Contributions are usually limited to task-related activities.
- Errors do not typically have a major effect on the organization.
- Errors may be detected and corrected.
- Performs work with a high degree of independence to determine practical methods and procedures for effective performance
- Follows specific, detailed instructions.
- Elevates to supervisor any unusual problems encountered.
- Keeps supervisor updated on project status, discrepancies, and any unusual situations that will impact timely completion of reports or projects.
- High School / GED Diploma or international equivalent
- 3-5 years of procurement and administrative support experience.
- Knowledge of donor (USG and non-USG) rules and regulations including but not limited to USAID preferred.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) experience preferred.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
Technology to be Used:
- Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, video conferencing, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Less than 10%
- Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience sufficient to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job. This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.