Project Manager (BE SMART) - Plan InternationalNGO Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Volta Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating project activities of two regions. That is, the Eastern and Oti Regions. He/she will also be responsible for bringing on board and working with other specialists and government protection agencies, (E.g. Social Welfare/Community Development, DOVVSU).
Child protection and safeguarding principles of collaboration, participation, transparency, and respect for women and children’s rights will be integrated into all aspects of this role. The post-holder will be based in Ho but travel to the project locations.
Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position:
"What" is done and "why", but not "how"; include indicators for success
“BE SMART” Strategy and management
- Facilitate the work planning and management of the Be Smart Project in the Oti and Eastern regions.
- Ensure that project results are achieved and reported on through the project's Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system.
- Ensure that the Be Smart project delivers high-quality programming that is compliant with best practice as outlined in the Be Smart project proposal, Plan International Ghana Country Strategic and relevant Ghana government guidelines and policies.
- Manage partnerships and relationships with relevant stakeholders in project planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting for effective linkages.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Actively engage with stakeholders and government agencies involved in Be Smart implementation and formal protection agencies in Ghanain order to promote collaborative planning towards long term sustainable solutions.
- Support in engaging local partners for social mobilization, group formation and training under the Be Smart project.
- Facilitate and organize review meetings with the regional and national offices with stakeholders in collaboration with other relevant organisations.
- Liaise with other Technical Specialists and other project staff to ensure effective integration of Plan programmes.
- Ensure Gender is mainstreamed in all Be Smart related activities and maintain gender sensitivity towards staff and Plan associates to avoid gender discrimination.
- Ensure Safeguarding and Child Protection is mainstreamed in all Be Smart related activities.
- Manage the financial, logistical and reporting aspects of Be Smart partnership assuring compliance with Plan and donor reporting requirements.
- Actively participate in all network meetings (both local and international) to learn and share best practices for management decision-making.
Partnership and Networking
- Establish and maintain productive collaborative relationships primarily with the relevant agencies and stakeholders (GES, GHS, DOVVSU, SW/CD, CHRAJ)
- Organize and lead technical and coordination meetings between all stakeholders.
- Keep supervisors and other project staff informed of any relevant anticipated changes/developments.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- In collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator, ensure ongoing monitoring and timely reporting of the project against project goals and planned results.
- In conjunction with the relevant persons, prepare Terms of Reference (TOR) for baseline and evaluation of the project and organise evaluations and learning reviews with consultants hired for the purpose.
- Compile, analyse, and disseminate, on a regular basis, reports to Country Management Team on the Be Smart project.
- Prepare and submit quality and timely periodic donor required reports to BDM.
- Work closely with the finance and grant departments to review and assess monthly accruals and disbursements to ensure compliance with donor guidelines.
- Monitor and update the project risk register regularly and manage them.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Manage the performance of direct reports.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Indicators of success:
- An effective working relationship exists with the agency partners and other stakeholders.
- Timely delivery of quality project activities.
- Quality and timely periodic reporting (financial and narrative).
- Quality documentation of best practices on the Be Smart learning themes.
- Documentation of best practices of Be Smart activities.
- An effective monitoring system to track performance of local partners.
- Strong, motivated and performing project team
Dealing with Problems:
- The complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them
- Experience with in depth analysis of current issues on SGBV and providing innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated skills in dealing with the complexity of working with international and local NGO partners.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with comprehensive and demanding requirements of the donor.
- Effective decision-making regarding the most appropriate, effective and efficient approaches to ensure quality financial management, ensuring maximum alignment with donor requirements.
- Works with minimum supervision
- Analyse issues for decision-making to strengthen and support delivery of Be Smart programs that meets organizational requirements and refer to a higher manager for approval.
- Ability to develop and implement strategies to minimize project risks.
Communications and Working Relationships:
Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact.
- Country Office (COs) and Project Areas: The position will collaborate with Programmes and Business Development and project staff including other Project Managers, technical specialists, M&E and finance staff at CO. (high level).
- There is medium contact with community members, children and other stakeholders to develop and implement project activities ( Medium)
- Plan International Ghana, National Office
- Maintains high contact with Partner staff working on the Be Smart project activities in Oti and Eastern (high level)
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours, and Experience Required to Achieve Role's Objectives: Gained through education, training, & experience.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Knowledge and Experience:
- University degree in public health and at least 5 years experience in a health and protection-related field.
- At least 5 years of experience working in an international organization similar to Plan International.
- Strong understanding and proven application of management.
- A proven passion for innovation and a commitment to protection-focused programming as well as familiarity with current trends on SGBV.
- Fluency in English
- A successful track record in supervising, designing, coordinating, managing and implementing donor-funded projects.
- Proven commitment to mainstream gender and equality issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to use different communication media effectively, including email, telephone, Teams, Zoom, and written correspondence.
- Experience in designing integrated participatory strategies, community mobilization and capacity development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen, coach, mobilize others and develop effective relationships with internal and external colleagues, partners, volunteers and youth participation.
- Ability to work well with diverse team from cross-cultural and social contexts.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, finding innovative solutions to difficult and complex challenges.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, work with deadlines and attend to projects and work processes.
- Energetic and collaborative spirit, with the ability to work independently and take initiative, and a willingness to develop new skills on the job.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail and willingness and ability to travel locally.
- Experience conducting research and evaluation of programs.
- Strong knowledge of the Rights of the Child and Safeguarding issues.
- Strong knowledge in girls rights and protection-related issues
- Strong negotiating, facilitating and influencing skills.
- Excellent coordination and representation skills
- Strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent report-writing skills
- Strong team-building and motivational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, database, and internet.
- Promotes learning to influence high performance by Be Smart staff and collaborators.
- A process-oriented working style, with the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to work independently
- A team player who demonstrates feminist leadership qualities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Creates a strong sense of purpose within the portfolio and with stakeholders.
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour.
- Sound judgment and decision-making in complex situations.
- Commitment to working transparently and with integrity.
- Ability to build solid networks
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.