Tool Store Attendant - Newmont Mining CorporationEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Eastern Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work for.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To provide an efficient tools management service for the process maintenance team to achieve effective maintenance repairs and identification and replacement of defective tools.
- Ensure that waste generated by process maintenance is segregated and disposed of as required.
- To manage the safe operation of all tool room equipment including i.e., presses, surface grinders, power hand tools and safety gadgets/equipment etc.
In This Role, You Will
- Daily issuing of tools and portable hand machines.
- Manage and arrange tool store.
- Ensure that tools checked out from the tool store are returned.
- Ensure tools are issued clean, safe to use and in an acceptable state to use.
- Ensure that consumables stocked in the tool store are replenished as needed.
- Ensure tool containers are kept clean and organized.
- Periodic and proper accountability of tools to the Workshop supervisor.
- Ensure that tools and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) attrition rates are held to acceptable levels.
- Issue Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) items to employees.
- Do not issue replacement items unless it is exchanged for non-usable.
- Repair or arrange to have repaired damaged or worn tools, discard tools that are not feasible to repair and report to supervisor.
- Maintain and repair oil dispensing system, air regulators/lubricators, hose reels, pumps, and Intermediate Bulk Containers (IBC’s)
- Empty waste oil containers as needed.
- Ensure shop is kept clean and hazard free.
- Keep yard area clean and free of rubbish.
- Clean or arrange to have cleaned all hydro-carbon.
- Maintain workshop floor.
- Inspect the wash pad and report to the supervisor.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Audits and checks
- Check and ensure safety colour codes on all the tools are certified and updated.
- Audit tools box given out to mechanic/electrician.
- Ensure a total and effective tools record keeping, both manually and electronically.
- Monitor Oil Water Separators; ensure the function of the unit do not allow the container to overflow.
- Inspect emergency eye wash.
- Ensure the oil bund container is kept clean and the valve is under lock.
- Provide monthly report on damage/broken and missing tools (forms/out-of-service tag) and report to supervisor.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Accept personal responsibility for health and safety.
- Attend safety meetings.
- Adhere and comply to all stipulated Maintenance control regulations.
- Ensure all toolroom operations are in compliance with safety requirements promoting the company’s safety culture.
Your Training, Skills And Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- National vocational Trade Certificate(mechanical) or relevant certification in Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Knowledge of the work management process.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the mechanical engineering field.
- Ability to identify tools.
- Computer literate.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and strong, dedicated work ethic.
- Knowledge of International Organization for Standard (ISO) procedures – relevant to the department.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Safety conscious.
- Detail focused.
- Technically inclined.
- Takes initiative.
- Results driven.
- Team Player.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.