Literacy and Programmes Manager - Perbi CubsEducation Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We are on a mission to create a culture of reading across Africa, leading to a continent of successful families. As a team, we value people and are committed to integrity and excellence. We thrive on innovation and creativity and this explains our flexible and fun-filled working environment.
The interplay of success, grace and glory remains evident in the execution of our tasks.
- Work Location: Perbi Cubs Office, West Legon, Accra
- Expected Start Date: Immediate
We are looking for a Literacy and Programmes Manager who will provide leadership in providing the best learning experience for our stakeholders. Success in this role means continually creating and implementing research-based programmes that meet the needs of our cherished customers.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Cub Integration and Engagement on e-resources platform (30%).
- Ensure the cubs take their reading assessments at the appropriate times and parents letters are sent after each test.
- Ensure that sufficient books are assigned to each cub according to their reading level.
- Monitor the Literacy and Programmes team to keep track of each cub’s progress and ensure that each cub does the minimum reading required to succeed.
- Draw up, integrate, execute, monitor and evaluate a programme of activities which includes a calendar of activities and incentives for cubs.
- Based on research, create ideas and solutions to increase the cubs engagement.
- Liaise with the marketing and literary teams to roll out engaging programmes.
- Promote effective communication and collaboration among stakeholders (facilitators, parents, guardians,teachers, administrators and policymakers) so that all cubs would love reading and improve in their reading ability.
- Develop an overall research-based strategy that shapes the content of Perbi Cubs programmes.
Curriculum and Reading Interventions (20%)
- Develop and implement programmes to meet the specific needs of cubs who struggle with reading.
- Conduct research and interpret major theories of reading,writing processes and development to understand the needs of all cubs in diverse contexts.
- Research and select assessment tools that provide a systemic framework for assessing the reading, writing, and language growth of all cubs.
- Play an effective role in creating routines and maintaining an affirming learning environment for reading and writing instruction using engaging resources.
- Arrange instructional areas to provide easy access to resources for a variety of individual, small-group, and whole-class activities and support Programme Facilitators in doing the same.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Team Leadership, Development and Reporting (20%)
- Plan and implement professional development training modules to enhance the efficiency of the Literacy and Programmes Team.
- Routine on-site visits to assess programme facilitation and give constructive feedback.
- Ensure the Literacy and Programmes Team give cubs the best reading, fun and educational experience through excellent customer service and exhibit ethical and professional behavior in literacy instruction.
- Ensure all stakeholders including parents, guardians, teachers, administrators and policymakers enjoy excellent customer experience from the team.
- Design, delegate and monitor the overall output of the Literacy and Programmes team.
- Provide weekly,monthly, termly and annual reports on key activities of the business unit.
Team Leadership and Self Development (5%)
- Recruit, train and supervise first class staff and set high performance standards for staff to handle.
- Play coaching and leadership roles in staff development.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organisation’s mission.
- Demonstrate initiative and innovation in the execution of your duties and in all dealings with the entire Perbi Cubs team.
- Develop and implement plan for personal and professional development.
Living the Brand- 7 P’s (5%)
- Uphold the company’s values in the execution of tasks
Required Skills or Experience
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Education or a related field.
- A Master's Degree with a concentration in reading and writing education is an advantage.
- Previous experience in a similar field is an advantage.
- Passionate about children and influencing their lives positively.
- Hardworking, proactive, self-motivated and result-oriented.
- Must love to read relevant educational research papers and glean out the required information to enhance service delivery.
- Exhibit resilience and good critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to relate to people at all levels effectively.
- Good listening skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to supervise teams.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suites and Google Drive.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.