Head: Human Resources and Administration - Marie Stopes GhanaHuman Resource Management Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Established in 2006, Marie Stopes Ghana (MSG) is an affiliate of MSI Reproductive Choices and is one of the largest specialized Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) organisations in Ghana. MSG complements the Ministry of Health and Child Care in the provision of quality and affordable general health and SRH services in all provinces of Ghana.
MSG has a vacancy for a passion driven, well-organised, client-oriented and energetic individual with the below relevant qualification/s and experience. MSIG’s goal is to meet the needs of the underserved and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services. At MSI Reproductive Choices we are unapologetically pro-choice. We believe that every woman has the right to make choices about her own body and her own future.
The Head of Human Resources and Administration is responsible for ensuring the appropriate, sustainable, organisational structure is in place for Marie Stopes International Ghana to achieve its mission, goals and objectives. As custodians of the values and culture of the organisation, the HR and Admin team are responsible for the employment policies, procedures, practices and systems that govern the colleague's life cycle.
The Head of HR and Admin plays a key role in providing a pro-active, professional and efficient HR service ensuring policies, procedures, legislation and best practice are adhered to, and works collaboratively with key business stakeholders to identify risk associated with organisational decisions. On the administrative side, the Head of HR and Admin oversees the coordination of travels and related immigration activities, management of office stationery and other consumables and ensures that the public image of MSIG is guaranteed through the management of the front desk.
Reporting to the Country Director, the Head of HR and Admin is responsible for leading the HR and admin team in country, developing organisational policy documents, leading capacity development, facilitating the recruitment and onboarding process, including inductions and related training. The Head of HR and Admin will ensure the HR manual is kept up to date and all team members are familiar with its existence and content. He/She will support other departmental heads to manage the HR issues of their team members, support other team heads to effectively manage the performance of their team members and advise on training and development needs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following among other duties:
- Lead the development of employee relations policies and practices ensuring these cover the full employee relationship including individual dispute resolution, tribunals, grievance and disciplinary, employment law, contracts of employment and terms and conditions
- Working with the Country Director to implement the reward strategy for the organisation, including driving the annual salary and bonus review processes and working with the Recruitment team on the annual review of reward packages for staff.
- Coach managers to communicate clearly to employees on performance and reward matters, specifically the link between the organisation’s performance, the team’s performance, the employee’s individual performance and the resulting reward, including supporting managers with their communication of reward decisions
- Work with managers to resolve individual performance/capability issues using appropriate tools, e.g. performance improvement plans and support the manager in taking swift action as appropriate.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers on significant change programmes.
- Lead the employee engagement programme in country and support line managers with action plans
Ensure that MSIG is able to identify and attract key people with the right skills and capabilities to meet MSIG’s short and long-term strategy by:
- Ensuring the recruitment policy and process is fit for purpose. Working with line managers to ensure compliance to the process
- Understand the resourcing needs of the programme, ensuring appropriate levels of resources available to meet need, and advising line managers on appropriate recruitment strategies.
- Set appropriate recruitment Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), measure progress against those targets and use the data to inform policy, process and practice.
- Lead the development of new tools and initiatives to ensure MSIG attracts and recruit’s talent; including assessment tools, candidate material, employer brand initiatives, ensuring that this is based on best practice, research, innovations from other organisations.
- Ensure managers are adequately equipped with the skills to recruit talent into the organisation including formal training programmes and providing feedback and coaching
- Manage (through team) the new-starter process and ensure all documentation is in place including immigration checks, where appropriate
- Oversee all travel arrangements and immigration issues
- Ensures the professional outlook of the office and MSIG’s professional image
- Oversees the management of office supplies, consumables and utilities etc
- Oversees the management of petty cash, office and Reception Management
- Any other tasks as assigned by the CD
Required Skills or Experience
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in HR, Social Sciences etc.
- A professional qualified human resource practitioner (IHRMP- Ghana, or any international professional body)
- Significant experience in a similar position at management level with ideally both NGO and private sector exposure
- Demonstrable experience of building stakeholder relationships
- Experience of working as a senior member of an HR function and operating as a senior business partner to senior internal customers.
- Experience in working with remote teams
- Experience of managing serious or complex employee relations issues, including compromise agreement settlements, employment tribunals, serious disciplinary and grievance matters.
- Previous compensation and benefits experience, including design and implementation of pay, bonus and benefits structures.
- Experience of leading a team.
- Ability to perform under pressure, manage multiple demands and meet reporting deadlines
- Strategic thinker, with excellent analytical skills
- Confident communicator with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Decisive, with excellent judgement.
- Accuracy and attention to detail and good organisational skills – ability to juggle multiple competing demands.
- Coaching skills – ability to coach team members and managers in order to raise performance.
- People management skills.
- Big picture vision with business and results focus to deliver the best outcome for the organisation.
- Collaborative worker with ability to work cross- functionally, as part of a team and on their own
- Excellent face to face training and facilitation skills.
- Understanding to women and men seeking Family Planning and Reproductive Health services
- Customer focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels –government, donor and community
- Motivates team members to deliver high quality service and results, and is able to give constructive honest feedback
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Passionate about maternal health
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.