Legal Manager - AirtelTigoLegal Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The successful candidate will join our team as a Legal Manager in the Legal and Regulatory Department.
(S)He will report to the Chief Legal and Regulatory officer and will be responsible for providing legal advice in a commercial setting covering all corporate/commercial activities including negotiating contracts and appropriate commercial arrangements.
(S)He will also provide advice to the relevant functions on all aspects of legal risk mitigation and supports in the development of the commercial legal strategy in all transactions.
Contract Drafting, Review and Approval:
- Support Supply Chain Management (SCM) to negotiate contracts in a time-bound manner while ensuring that the said agreement is legally enforceable and, in the Company’s, interest.
- Draft all contracts concerning the various areas of the business or all the departments; ensuring that they are in compliance with applicable laws and the direction of the business and forwarding them for approval
- Develop a system for the valid execution, archiving and retrieval of all commercial contracts and other arrangements concluded by the Company.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Monthly and quarterly legal reports:
- Preparing monthly legal reports which reflect legal costs, intellectual property, board meetings, company projects, material contracts and the legal register.
- Preparing quarterly compliance certificates including secretarial certificates for the Company and its affiliates and/or subsidiaries which reflect the Company’s compliance with existing laws and regulations.
Continuing Legal Education and Advice:
- Develop internal stakeholders’ awareness of legal obligations, providing general legal advice to various departments of the business and ensuring that there is compliance during and post negotiations to ensure minimal exposure by the company and to the company.
- Effectively partner with and support all the different departments of the company, taking effective decisions by enhancing their understanding of legal implications.
- Identify requirements for legal advice to support the corporate functions and delivers or enables that advice in a timely and effective manner.
Providing legal/commercial solutions:
- Provide legal/commercial solutions to the various departments to minimize risk (litigation /disputes) and maximize opportunities for the company
- Ensure that all transactions adequately protect the interests of the Company, and the potential liability of the Company is either eliminated or mitigated through innovative mechanisms.
- Manage the workload arising from his or her responsibilities by providing advice and support directly or by seeking support either from appropriate alternative internal or external resources, with the approval of the Chief Legal & External Affairs Officer.
- Provide legal support to the various functions of the business.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Company’s processes for the management of legal or Compliance risk in its business.
- Provide Company Secretarial support with the Company and any subsidiaries.
- Carry out such other duties concerning general legal work as requested
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
- A University degree in Law (LLB).
- Qualifying Certificate in Law (admitted to practice in Ghana).
- A relevant master’s degree will be an advantage
- A Minimum of Six (6) years experience at the Bar with at least Five (5) years working experience in a corporate law firm, with an established practice in corporate & commercial law or as an in-house counsel
- Telecom sector experience and corporate finance work and /or litigation experience will be an added advantage
- Business awareness – must have sufficient experience in core areas of contract, tort, company and commercial law, intellectual property law and legal compliance.
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving and commercial drafting skills.
- Knowledge and experience in procurement transactions.
- Some knowledge of transaction management and litigation/disputes
- Excellent and effective communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Experience of working with lawyers and clients in different jurisdictions.
- Ability to handle, and prioritize, multiple projects simultaneously.
- Emotional resilience; Confidence in awkward or pressurized situations.
- High personal standards and goal-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.