Security Officer: Investigations - AngloGold AshantiSecurtity/Law Enforcement Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Obuasi 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Security Officer – Investigations.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To assist the Security Superintendent – Investigations to ensure the successful investigation of all cases and to provide support in the implementation of mitigation measures to reduce risk including information gathering, criminal and disciplinary action of all cases as applicable.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Model behaviour that is consistent with the AngloGold Ashanti Safety Vision and Values
- Contribute to the identification of safety risks and resolve and escalating emerging issues that impact on area of accountability
- Maintain processes to provide a safe workplace e.g. leading safety toolbox talks, inspecting planned task observations, reviewing job safety analysis documentation and conducting work inspections to all employees and external service providers undertaking work within your area of accountability to reduce the number of significant hazards towards zero lost time injuries
- Set safety goals annually for area of accountability
- Manage the intake and preliminary evaluation of incoming investigations
- Categorize and enter the incoming investigations into the current tracking database and ensure timely case updates are entered
- Conduct security and other investigations (Compliance, HR, etc.)assist with coordination other security services (e.g intellectual Property or Computer Forensics, Education and Training) as called upon
- Assist in developing the annual budget
- Assist in the forecasting of next budget cycle requirements
- Continuously identify and maintain cost savings initiatives
- The results of the work and the results of the working behaviours of Subordinates
- Effectively modelling values-based behaviours and applying all managerial leadership practices in relation to Subordinates
- Build and maintain a team of subordinates capable of doing the necessary work
- Assist in the identification and assessment of security risks and recommend appropriate mitigating measures
- Assist in the compliance of discipline against the Global Security Framework
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant tertiary qualification from an accredited institution
- Relevant professional investigations training/qualification (CSMP, PSI, etc.)
- Working knowledge in the Laws and Justice System of Ghana
- Three (3) to five (5) years of investigation experience in Police, Military, EOCO, BNI or the extractive industry
- Experience and training in self-defence tactics
- Experience in investigation techniques (questioning and interviewing skills)
- Experience in forensic auditing
- Valid Ghanaian driver’s license
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ability to plan and execute complex investigations and submit reports leading to sound recommendations to mitigate risk
- Knowledge in developing crime management plans and implementation of mitigating plans
- Experience in project management of projects with a high level of complexity
- Sound understanding of the mining value chain and impacts of Security Management
- Sound knowledge of the Regulatory and Legal regime as applies to the mining industry
- Knowledge of emergency management
- Excellent IT Skills with emphasis on Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Solves problems and analyse issues
- Relationship building
- Displays high integrity and honesty
- Communicates powerfully an prolifically
- Team player
- Display technical and professional expertise
- Takes initiative and demonstrates innovation
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.