Project Driver - Khulisa Management ServicesDriving Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
At Khulisa, we believe in practical approach to engaging committed and capable local employees, this increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. For more information on Khulisa, please visit www.khulisa.com
Khulisa Management Services is implementing a five (5) years USAID West Africa Peace Through Evaluation, Learning, and Adaptation II Activity (PELA II), to acquire technical services under the PPL Monitoring and Evaluation Indefinite; Delivery Indefinite Quantity (EVAL-ME II IDIQ) contract to support the US Mission to be a more effective, efficient, and adaptable operating unit in achieving the development objective of strengthening systems of non-violent conflict management in West Africa, and strengthen USAID/West Africa’s effectiveness implementing its projects; coordinating its activities; learning from its experiences; and serving as an information, communication, and thought leader regarding peace promotion and countering violent extremism (CVE) in the West Africa region.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Project Driver will be responsible for expediting tasks, transporting staff, and fulfilling various errands, for the implementation of the PELA II activity. The successful candidate must possess a spotless driving record, strong interpersonal skills, and a thorough understanding of the Ghanaian and Sub-Saharan Africa context.
The position is open to any candidate who qualifies to live and work in Ghana with possible travels within Sub-Sahara Africa, females are encouraged to apply.
- Drive project vehicle to transport project staff on official duties.
- Track all movements on provided vehicle log sheets and keep mileage and repair records up-to-date.
- Maintain the vehicle in good running condition, and ensure the constant availability of sufficient gas in the vehicle for prompt movement always.
- Ensure that the project vehicle is comprehensively insured.
- Ensure that all statutory documents, i.e., Road Worthy Certificate, Drivers’ Licence and Insurance are renewed on timely basis.
- Carry out daily vehicle inspections and report accordingly on weekly basis.
- Run errands for the office, as and when needed.
- Develop a system for periodic general servicing and/or repairs and effect it accordingly.
- Follow all national and neighbouring countries’ safety regulations and standards.
- Keep the exterior and interior of the vehicle clean and presentable always.
- Ensure that all vehicle occupants always adhere to the USAID Driving Safety protocols.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- High school diploma in Auto Mechanic or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license D and clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background checks.
- Minimum of 10 years experience working with an international contractor/donor-funded project, especially USAID-funded projects.
- Familiarity with USAID policies and procedures on Vehicle Management Policy.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working within Sub-Sahara Africa.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrate safe and defensive driving skills.
- Positive attitude and professional demeanour.
- Able to follow verbal directions, read maps, and follow GPS.
- Fluent in English and French language with good oral and written communication skills.
- Good analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Good organization and prioritization skills, and detail-oriented.
- Basic computer skills with proficiency in MS Office, e.g., Word, and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to manage processes and maintain accurate records.
- Sound business ethics, including protection of proprietary and confidential information.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.