Fixed Assets Accountant - UnileverAccounting Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Tema 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
- As a member of the Finance Function, you are responsible for ensuring that the depreciation charge for the period is captured in the general ledger for every month of the year.
- You are also to ensure that Capex for the acquisition of assets is properly authorised & approved. You would also pull together a commercial case for projects that requires it.
- Your role is also to track all capital work-in-progress and ensure that completed projects are duly capitalised every quarter to reflect the asset position of the business.
- You are to identify idle assets in the business and initiate action for the provision and subsequent disposal.
- You would also ensure that the Fixed Asset Register is clean by carrying out an Assets Physical Verification exercise of highlight redundant & obsolete assets for subsequent approval for disposal
- Your role would also carry out post-mortem appraisal for all Capex above the specified benchmark
The depreciation charge for every month.
- Calculate depreciation and upload; input the depreciation codes and then post to the relevant Business ERP
- Check to ensure it agrees with local output and have it signed off.
- Reconcile year-to-date depreciation on the relevant Business ERPs and GL
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Confirm the amount to be accrued by contract with Treasury
- Match actual payment to accrued amount and write-back any over or under-accrual to the ledger
- Reconcile the account and highlight any overpayment or double payment being done on each contract.
- Ensure Capex raised is within the approved budget.
- Do commercial case for all capexes that requires it
- Send for Approval by two Exco members and the CEO.
- Track all expenditures for each project by using the Capex unique number for all payments within the Ledger.
- Prompt for overspent where it’s exceeding approved overspend percentages
- Initiate and extract all expenditures on all completed projects to project manager for capitalisation process.
- Post to the ledger capitalised projects by class of asset. Then do the same in the relevant Business ERP by detail asset item and by class of asset. Ensure all journals are duly approved
- Extract from Business ERPs assets identified to be disposed /write off and obtain permission to dispose off asset
- Completer asset disposal from the relevant Business ERP into P/L on disposal with the cash proceeds.
Physical Verification of Assets
- Classify and register all Business Assets by Location
- Identify assets to register records and classify if existing or not including red-tagged assets, redundant assets, obsolete assets etc
- Investigate and initiate processes for obsolete assets to be disposed off or written off.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Fixed Assets Reconciliation
- Manage end-to-end the Asset reconciliation process and reconcile with system provisions
- Complete the Fixed asset schedule as the summary of the reconciliation by class of asset
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.