Early Years Literacy Coordinator - EduSpots GhanaEducation Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Ghana 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
EduSpots is a UK and Ghanaian registered NGO which connects, trains and equips local volunteers to drive sustainable community-led change through education centres named Spots. Together, we are creating a movement of community educators.
Since 2016, through working with over 200 local volunteers, we have supported nearly 50 communities in creating community-led education centres named ‘Spots’, with an aim to move them towards our ‘Dream Spot Model’. Our Ghanaian team creates collaborative learning opportunities through our Ignite and Community Leadership in Development Programme alongside training to lead our EduLit & EduSTEM clubs, alongside locally designed education projects.
We won the Tes International Award in 2018 for the best UK international education project and in 2021 our Founder was a Finalist in The Varkey Foundation’s Global Teacher Prize, supported by UNESCO. Do visit www.eduspots.org for further information.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Location: Home-based
- Reporting to: Head of Education
- Remuneration: In line with experience
- Hours: 10 hours per week with hours split across the week
About this role
In 2023, we are looking to develop a new ‘Ignite’ programme for all our volunteers, which will have early years literacy training at its core.
We are looking for an early years literacy specialist, who is creative, passionate and dynamic, and able to help us develop a programme to advance the early years education skills of our varied network of community educators.
The role will involve direct contact with volunteers, sending out weekly activities, as well as designing face-face and online training modules, and structures for leading early years clubs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing the development of our overall strategy for early years literacy, working closely with the Head of Education, and alongside our EduLit JHS Clubs Coordinator.
- Creating weekly activities to support Spot volunteers in leading early years literacy activities in their Spots.
- Helping to design a new module for our Ignite Programme in Early Years Literacy, with follow up structured activities and resource support, delivering some face-face training at regional and nationwide conferences.
- Helping to design EduSpots new EduLit boxes, with literacy resources that are relevant to the Ghanaian context.
- Working with partner schools and organisations to strengthen our impact in early years literacy.
- To help develop a strong monitoring and evaluation framework, and support in data collection and reporting on early years literacy.
- To contribute to regular information and stories on the early years literacy programme for our social media feeds, website and newsletters.
- To carry out all other duties as reasonably required under the job role, supporting the wider work of the organisation.
- To act at all times in line with the expectations of staff as set out in the Staff & Volunteers Handbook, and other relevant policies and procedures.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
Personal qualities, skills & experience
- A genuine passion for the value of early years literacy education and an understanding of its contribution to educational equity and community-led development.
- An ability to work with, and inspire volunteers with differing levels of educational experience, in promoting early years literacy development in their communities.
- Minimum of two years of teaching experience in a related subject.
- Strong technical understanding of early years literacy development, with experience of leading or developing early years literacy programmes.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work to maintain a high standard of performance with minimum supervision.
- Experience working with volunteers and/or in rural Ghanaian communities in an education context.
- Strong IT skills and confidence in using social media channels and an ability to use simple design software such as Canva.
- Highly creative, with an ability to drive through improvements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to respond to feedback effectively and a team player.
- Flexible with the ability to react to change and be adaptable
- Ability to create and foster a culture of respect, honesty and commitment to our values and organisational aims.
- A strong personal affinity with EduSpots’ mission, vision and values.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.