ABBAT Field Enumerator - Green for Change GhanaNGO Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Ghana 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Green for Change Ghana (GCG) is a registered environmental non-governmental organization focused on combatting climate change through reductions in anthropogenic activities for the benefit of humankind. The mission of the organization is to develop community-based approaches that are friendly and beneficial to community members towards addressing issues of climate change whilst protecting and conserving natural resources, ecosystems, and the environment at large.
As a conservation-oriented organization, we are committed to working with communities and initiating programs that benefit both communities and the environment. These include providing practical conservation interventions aimed at contributing to the sustainable management of important ecological habitats and strengthening the capacity of communities to be resilient and adapt to current trends in climate change and other environmental threats.
Green for Change Ghana in partnership with Ranas Ltd. (a Switzerland-based company with expertise in behavior change) has received partial funding from the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) to implement a scientific research project named “Addressing Behavioral Barriers Associated with Tree Planting (ABBAT)”.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
This ABBAT initiative aims at exploring the psychosocial and cultural barriers associated with tree planting and forest protection within the Mole Landscape and develop effective solutions for addressing them. The project is currently planning to conduct a baseline study to establish the current situation on landscape restoration before the implementation of the project.
About the Position
The data collectors will conduct all qualitative and quantitative data collection activities. The selected data collectors will be expected to administer survey questionnaires, conduct pretest activities using non-study participants for finetuning discussion guides and questionnaires, hold daily debriefs, reporting to the supervisor and the ABBAT project team on the status of the survey. They will also be expected to fulfill the following requirements:
- Participate in a 3-4-day data collection training to review protocol.
- Administer surveys to research participants in assigned communities.
- Conduct daily field debriefs and reports to the field supervisor and ABBAT project team
- Perform data integrity checks and follow up with any discrepancies as appropriate.
- Maintain organization and tracking of all information and data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Informed Consent, Confidentiality, and Privacy
The data collectors will be responsible for obtaining informed consent from each study participant. They would also be responsible for maintaining confidentiality and privacy before, during, and after the conduct of the study. The informed consent form should explain that the study is funded by SDC and that the de-identified dataset will be uploaded into a data library to be viewed by authorized researchers.
Location for collection of data:
- West Gonja Municipality, Savannah Region
- Sawla/Tuna/Kalba District, Savannah Region
- Wa East District, Upper West Region
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- HND or bachelor’s degree in social sciences, statistics, or other developmental studies with at least 2 years of relevant research data collection/supervision experience.
- Should have experience in quantitative and/or qualitative field research
- Should be familiar with Computer Assisted Interview (CAI) or keen to learn
- Familiarity with administering interviews using SurveyCTO or Kobocollect is an added advantage.
- Previous work experience as a data collector with local or international NGOs including research institutions is strongly preferred.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and at least one local language of the operation area (Gonja, Dagaare, or Vagla)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Have access to a smartphone.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills and good team spirit.
- Able and willing to walk long distances during data collection and able to work under minimal supervision.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.