Logistics and Procurement Assistant - IOMSupply Chain/Logistics/Warehousing Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
Under the overall supervision of Chief of Mission (CoM) and direct supervision of the Supply Chain Officer (SCO), the Logistics/Procurement Assistant will support all Logistics/Procurement related activities in Ghana. Specifically, the Logistics/Procurement Assistant is responsible for the following functions:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation, and monitoring of aspects related to procurement and logistical needs, including organising and maintain systems/procedures for procurement, supply and contracting of goods/works/services.
- Liaise with Logistics and Procurement coordinator regarding procurement requests and requirements and consolidate them.
- Assist in collecting quotations, preparing bids analysis, and processing Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders.
- Identify vendors and participate in their evaluation of them against performance, reliability, quality, price, and delivery in respect of organizations’ best interests and donor mandates. Taking under consideration while conducting a bidding process, the value of money, quality, compatibility, payment method, warranty, after-selling services, and the company profile/reputation.
- Assist the Logistics and Procurement Coordinator to create Purchase Orders (POs) into PRISM FI accurately and timely properly capture all procurement requests and commitments in the system.
- Make sure to get a suitable delivery period.
- Follow-up on a purchase order status and keep customers abreast of the estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions.
- Ensure through established procedures, that all received goods/works/services are in accordance with the terms and specifications of the respective PO/Contracts.
- Ensure that the “Goods Receipt Notes” are acknowledged by the Requisitioner when the services/works are rendered and/or the goods are received.
- Submit with supporting documentation OIPA to execute in-Mission Payments. Follow up with the Finance Unit to ensure that suppliers’ accounts are settled on time.
- Conducting outdoor activities when necessary for checking prices, collecting bids, procuring with cash, handing over the commodities to the beneficiaries, etc.
- Undertake any other duties within the incumbent’s capabilities that might be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’sDegreein business administration, Logistics, supply chain management, or any other related fields with two years of relevant professional experience or;
- High school diploma with four years of relevant experience.
- Interfaces across units and departments within IOM to extract relevant information.
- Communicates clearly and consistently.
- Effectively applied specialized knowledge of logistics and procurement to timely source goods and services.
- Effectively works with vendors and service providers in compliance with IOM procedures to secure cost-effective quality solutions for IOM.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written) and fluency in French is an advantage.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respect and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourage diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency maintain high ethical standards and act in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates the ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. The appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.\
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Accra, Ghana on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.