Information Systems Officer - International Cocoa InitiativeIT Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
International Cocoa Initiative (ICI) (www.cocoainitiative.org) is a multi-stakeholder organization, uniting the forces of civil society, certifiers, the cocoa and chocolate industry, and international institutions, and working with governments to address child and forced labour in the cocoa sector.
ICI has developed a Child Labour Monitoring and Remediation System (CLMRS) that allows industry partners to manage responsibly the risk of child labour in their cocoa supply chain. In line with the Ghana Child Labor Monitoring System (GCLMS), the system is based on the presence of Community Facilitators (CF) within cocoa-growing communities who raise awareness on the issue of child labour; identify cases and implement remediation activities. (www.cocoainitiative.org)
- Department: IT
- Immediate supervisor: Deputy Country Director
- Technical supervisor: Head of IT, Geneva
- Position Location: Accra, Ghana
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The incumbent of the position is responsible for the secure and effective operation of all computer systems, related applications, hardware, and software that is used within ICI, s/he will also oversee the management of ICI-Ghana IT processes, managing Applications, IT infrastructure, and ICI Ghana End user support.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Checking the coherence and adherence to data requirements and accuracy on all data submitted to ICI data platform.
- Make sure that the CLMRS App portfolio is populated with the updated versions of farmer lists and ensure adequate supply of information by enumerators.
- Technical advisor when required to help hiring relevant IT consultants and service providers.
- Primary local support for non-functioning app, data latency and challenges through field visit and working with ICI Field Staff and field agents (travel to ICI’s project districts in Ghana).
- Ownership of new joiners, onboarding, and leavers IT processes.
- Equip ICI Ghana staff with all the necessary and relevant IT assets to facilitate effective dispensation of duty.
- Create and manage release notes and documentation.
- Application version releases and field deployments using version control.
- To develop and manage test scripts.
- Create datasets for software testing.
- Design database structures.
- Design software modules.
- Import and extract dataset from the main database.
- Provide technical input and feedback to development teams.
- Report and document application errors and bugs.
- Local IT procurement (equipment’s and services) and asset management
- Local IT maintenance of IT equipment’s
- Monitoring of the local IT infrastructure and network
- Maintain the IT documentation
- Backup management
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Train and assist users in the use of ICI applications portfolios.
- Helpdesk 2nd level
- Collaborate and support the ICI Data Protection Officer on local Data Protection activities, implementation, and requests (point of contact).
- Raise awareness on security topics and train end users.
- Security remediation and patch management
- Implement risks remediation
- Supervise the Information System Assistant to perform his job role
- Perform any other duties assigned to him by supervisors
- ICI GVA Head of IT
- ICI CDI IS team
- ICI Ghana employees
- IS suppliers
Required Skills or Experience
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3 years experience working in a similar role.
- Proven expertise in Application, Infrastructure and Security IT area’s
- Technical Hardware knowledge
- Windows 10/11 and Android operating system
- Microsoft Office Suite (word, excel, outlook etc…)
- Fortinet Firewalls, Switches and Access point
- Database competences in the use of:
- Structured Query Language (Sql)
- DBMS: MSSQL / MySQL /
- Data analysis method
- Algorithm and programming
- WEBDEV and WINDEV MOBILE knowledge
- Knowledge in KOBO app
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Good skills in Training.
- Good sense of logic and synthesis.
- Methodical, disciplined and ordered.
- Good team spirit.
- SqLite / PostgreSQL / Oracle / MS Access
- IT Certifications
- Knowledge of the cocoa industry and the child labour domain.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.