Senior Ventilation Engineer - Newmont Mining CorporationEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Eastern Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To ensure that safe ventilated working conditions are met in compliance with Newmont and government minimum standards.
- Responsible for the design, evaluation, monitoring and implementation of the ventilation strategy in compliance with the business plan.
In This Role, You Will
Ventilation System Management
- Develop an underground ventilation strategy in accordance with the business plan.
- Determine the type and size of fans required for the ventilation systems to operate at an optimal level and oversee the general arrangement of fans and ventilation duct.
- Advise on ventilation requirements and solutions to meet the budget, 12-week forecasts and weekly plans.
- Manage all underground air quality and quantity surveys, and advise on solutions to address non-compliance.
- Consult the sequence of underground work activities based on air limitations at any point in time.
- Responsible for primary ventilation monitoring and advise on limitations.
- Calculate and inform on the re-entry time into the underground mine after a blast for staff safety purposes.
- Maintain awareness on any activities or events that will compromise the ventilation system.
- Advise on modified work conditions based on ventilation limitations.
- Evaluate and propose optimum ventilation engineering solutions for problematic situations (based on accumulated data / information) which threaten the achievement of planned objectives.
- Develop ventilation design, models and technical reports that meets the Newmont’s stage gate requirements.
- Review designs and ventilation reports prepared by consultants to ensure full compliance with regulatory and engineering standards.
Reporting and Compliance
- Prepare departmental ventilation reports timely and accurately to meet departmental requirements, policies and quality standards.
- Prepare statutory reporting and simulation of the underground environmental conditions.
- Participate in the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems, processes and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement and cost reduction.
- Investigate complex engineering ventilation problems and develop solutions for the optimization of ventilation processes/systems.
- Communicate and obtain buy-in for implementation plans, new systems and processes.
- Stay abreast with new technology in a specialist fields.
- Investigate, analyze, approve and implement benchmarked systems.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Safety Health and Environment
- Participate and contribute to safe practice and environmental awareness.
- Actively participate in all Newmont Ghana safety and environmental systems and initiatives.
- Demonstrate personal commitment regarding safety and environmental practices.
- Identify potential hazards and action that is appropriately taken.
- Maintain a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness.
- Raise, discuss and make resolution of safety issues at regular meetings.
- Support team members in their personal development.
- Train and coach graduate trainees in mine ventilation.
- Work collaboratively with mine production and geology departments and assist other functional areas to achieve their objectives.
- Provide specialist technical advice to the team in areas of competence.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Your Training, Skills And Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ degree in Mining Engineering.
- Strong knowledge in Underground Mine Ventilation.
- Strong understanding of Underground Mining Systems and Operations.
- 7 years working in an underground mining environment of this;
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years’ experience in underground mining operational time such as blasting, drilling, haulage and service crew works.
- Prefer 3 years of previous experience in ventilation engineering.
- Prefer previous experience in supervising a team.
- Advanced administrative skills.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the use of mine planning software.
- Proficient in Ventism, and Microsoft Office Software.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Safety conscious.
- Display initiative.
- Results driven.
- Attention to detail.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.