College Secretary - University of GhanaAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The University of Ghana hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the senior-level administrative position in the College of Basic and Applied Sciences listed below, to take effect from 1st August 2023.
COLLEGE OF BASIC AND APPLIED SCIENCES:
Objectives of the College: The College of Basic and Applied Sciences shall advance the objectives of each of its constituent Units and by these specific objectives, to:
- Develop world-class scientists to meet national and global developmental needs through quality teaching, learning, research, innovation and extension;
- Enhance staff capacity through systematic staff development programmes;
- Enhance research capabilities of staff for increased output in teaching and publications;
- Develop effective processes for public engagement; and,
- Create a congenial environment for teaching research and student learning experiences.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
POSITION: College Secretary
REPORTING TO: Provost, College of Basic and Applied Sciences
The College Secretary shall be the head of the administration of the College under the Provost and subject to any directives that the Registrar may issue from time to time.
Without prejudice to the generality of (1) above, the College Secretary shall under the Provost be responsible for the following:
- Being secretary to the College Advisory Board, the College Academic Board and the Committees of the College Academic Board and keeping records and conducting correspondences on their behalf;
- Management of all administrative and professional employees of the University in the College;
- Management of the administration of the College; and,
- Liaison between the College and the Central Administration of the University on all administrative and policy issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- The College Secretary shall be of the rank of at least a Deputy Registrar or eligible for appointment as such.
- Candidates must have a good first degree as well as an advanced degree in a relevant field, with not less than 15 years of post-qualification experience, at least five of which should have been in a senior management position.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The College Secretary shall hold office for a period of four years and is eligible for re-appointment for a further term of up to four years.
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.