Dean: School of Veterinary Medicine - University of GhanaEducation Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The University of Ghana hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the senior-level administrative position in the College of Basic and Applied Sciences listed below, to take effect from 1st August 2023.
COLLEGE OF BASIC AND APPLIED SCIENCES:
Objectives of the College: The College of Basic and Applied Sciences shall advance the objectives of each of its constituent Units and by these specific objectives, to:
- Develop world-class scientists to meet national and global developmental needs through quality teaching, learning, research, innovation and extension;
- Enhance staff capacity through systematic staff development programmes;
- Enhance research capabilities of staff for increased output in teaching and publications;
- Develop effective processes for public engagement; and,
- Create a congenial environment for teaching, research and student learning experiences.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
POSITION: Dean, School of Veterinary Medicine
REPORTING TO: Provost, College of Basic and Applied Sciences
- The Dean is responsible for providing leadership to the School and for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good order in accordance with the policies and procedures prescribed by the University Act and Statutes, or as may be determined by the Council, the Academic Board and the School Management Committee.
- The Dean is to ensure that the approved programmes and functions of the School are duly carried out by members of the School.
- The Dean is also responsible for the general administration of the School in respect of human, financial and material resources within the general framework of University policy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
The successful candidate must:
- Be of professorial rank from an academic/research institution or a person from industry eligible for that position;
- Be capable of providing academic leadership, especially in the area of teaching, research and extension in the relevant disciplines;
- Provide evidence of managerial and administrative leadership and capacity to promote a collegial working environment in the School;
- Demonstrate capacity to attract funding for research and development; and,
- Have the vision and the drive to oversee the growth and development of the School.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Dean shall hold office for three years on terms and conditions recommended by the Appointments Board to Council, and is eligible for re-appointment for a further term of up to three years.
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.