Human Resources Business Advisor - Newmont Mining CorporationHuman Resource Management Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Eastern Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work for.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To provide administrative support to the HR function as needed (e.g., correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry).
In This Role, You Will
- Provide administrative support by ensuring that all documentation is maintained and stored appropriately.
- Assist the Site HR Superintendent to prepare all reports by coordinating reports and ensure that they are delivered on time.
- Support HR Business Partners in the administration of employee benefits, labour relations, grievance handling and process workmen’s compensation documentation.
- Advise supervisors/management of potential problem areas and recommend/implement solutions as appropriate.
- Support the business partner onboarding process by ensuring compliance to all due processes, setting up of new business partners' SAP and preparing inductions.
- Ensures contractor manpower numbers are accurately compiled and in consistent with Newmont standards.
- Coordinate logistics for stakeholder meetings and assist in the implementation of decisions same as delegated by supervisors.
Your Skills, Training & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Social Science, Psychology or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Human Resources generalist experience.
- Experience in using Human Resource tools and systems in SAP and Success factors.
- Experience in Newmont HR systems and processes is preferred.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Good problem-solving, interpersonal relationship and communication skills.
- Ability to quickly build strong partnerships and influence others.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple tasks concurrently while prioritizing appropriately.
- Must be teamwork oriented and work efficiently within limited time requirements.
- Excellent computer skills with using office software such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint, SAP.
- Behavioural Attributes:
- Results driven.
- Customer focused.
- Takes initiative.
- Attention to detail.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.