Head of Internal Audit: Support Office - Marie Stopes GhanaAuditing Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Established in 2006, Marie Stopes Ghana (MSG) is an affiliate of MSI Reproductive Choices and is one of the largest specialized Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) organisations in Ghana. MSG complements the Ministry of Health and Child Care in the provision of quality and affordable general health and SRH services in all provinces of Ghana.
MSG has a vacancy for a passion-driven, well-organised, client-oriented and energetic individual with the below relevant qualification/s and experience. MSG’s goal is to meet the needs of the underserved and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services.
At MSI Reproductive Choices we are unapologetically pro-choice. We believe that every woman has the right to make choices about her own body and her own future
Length of contract: renewable
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Head, of Internal Audit and his/her team ensure organisational sustainability by reviewing, guiding and providing assurance on the effectiveness of management controls to address risks to the achievement of MSG’s strategic and operational objectives. In addition, the Internal Auditor has responsibility for the management and oversight of the Anti-Fraud and Bribery Programme.
The role will work collaboratively with members of the senior leadership team to achieve the organization's mission and goals. Together with members of the senior leadership team, the position is responsible for driving the organization towards growth and sustainability
- Oversee the planning and management of the organization’s audit and investigation functions, including assisting with development of strategic objectives and operational procedures.
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee investigative activities to detect, deter, prevent, and eradicate fraud, waste, abuse, mismanagement and ethical misconduct.
- Develop, recommend, and implement internal audit programs that evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and test compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Plan, conduct, and control audits, including financial, compliance, and operational audits
- Provide direction to and supervise assigned personnel.
- Formulate and prepare audit reports that attest to the effectiveness of managerial controls over the organization’s assets and finances.
- Oversee the preparation of audit reports and review all audit work papers prepared by audit staff to ensure quality control, uniformity, and adherence to generally accepted practices.
- Evaluate internal accounting controls over the organization’s financial operations; and perform substantive tests of financial records, systems, programs, and projects within MS to ensure adherence with policy and laws
- Review operational performance data (including numbers of client visits and other activity data) and compliance with each local entity’s SIP (Significant Involvement Policy).
- Report on the value for money that the country program obtains, focusing on economy, efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability.
- Develop and implement an organizational compliance program, to ensure adherence to MSI and donor standards.
- Contribute proactively to the design of new processes and systems to ensure that appropriate controls are built in by design.
- Manage the risk management process including maintaining the risk register, training and/or coaching management and staff as required to ensure due compliance with the risk register and risk management process, and tracking of all related actions
- Reporting on risk, controls and internal audit reports to the Board of trustees
- Support the Country director in her role as secretary to the Board.
- Ensure that MS, through its Board and Senior management acts, in accordance with its constitutional documents in all instances and take minutes at all board meetings.
- Oversee the Anti-Fraud and Bribery Program, including a) ensuring proper completion of: the fraud register, the conflicts of interest register, the gifts and entertainment registers and training those responsible as required; b) ensuring regular communications are sent out to all staff members reminding them of MS’s zero tolerance approach and their duty to report fraud, conflicts of interest and gifts and entertainment.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Internal Audit team in order to achieve the organization’s mission and strategic objectives.
- Ensure all staff are aligned with the organization and MS values.
- Proactively mentor and/or coach direct reports to critically assess opportunities to improve efficiency and maximize impact
- Ensure that the structure of the team is fit for purpose and that all roles and responsibilities are relevant to the needs and demands of the organization, and that goals and strategies are clearly communicated to all team members.
- Role model Marie Stopes core values and demonstrate Marie Stopes behaviors at all times.
- Represent Marie Stopes externally and internally in accordance with its values and policies and as may be delegated by the Country Director at any time
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Country Director
Required Skills or Experience
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- Professional qualification with CIA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA
- A minimum of five years supervisory experience in business and/or an accounting field in a reputable organization or in the audit of large donor funded programmes.
- Strong internal audit experience; able to demonstrate an understanding of the approaches and objectives of a good internal audit function.
- Significant senior management experience (a mix of donor funded and private sector preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of financial management systems and reporting, especially donor contract requirements for budgeting and reporting.
- Ability to perform under pressure, handle heavy workloads, and meet stringent reporting deadlines
- Hands-on experience with electronic accounting systems; knowledge of SUN Systems and mobile money essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels; excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven leadership and management skills that motivate high-performing teams and encourage innovation and creativity
- Proven IT skills with the ability to analyse data for strategic purposes and decision making
- Approachable with strong interpersonal & listening skills together with the ability to empower their team
- Strategic thinker, with excellent analytical skills. Track record of delivering targets Strong results orientation.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- The highest level of integrity, a strong ethical attitude
- Excellent leadership and management aptitude leading diverse teams at a distance. Strong commitment to the goals and vision of Marie Stopes's Interest in public health, particularly sexual and reproductive health. Flexibility to operate in a changing environment.
- Able to communicate effectively (both written and oral) at all levels.
- IT literate
- Cross-functional team player
CONTINUE READING BELOW
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.