Director: Human Resource and Organizational - University of GhanaEducation Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The University of Ghana hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the senior-level administrative position of Director, Human Resource and Organizational Development Directorate (HRODD), to take effect from 1st August 2023.
POSITION: Director, Human Resources and Organizational
Development Directorate (HRODD)
REPORTING TO: Registrar
Under the Registrar, the Director of Human Resource and Organizational Development Directorate shall have oversight responsibility of the Directorate and shall plan and advise on human resource management policies in the University.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Director of Human Resource and Organizational Development shall, under the Registrar:
- Lead in the development and implementation of the human resource policies of the University;
- Provide strategic planning with respect to the human resource needs of the University;
- Ensure the timely renewal and termination of employment contracts;
- Institute and maintain a system for monitoring and evaluating the performance of all employees of the University and submit reports thereon to the Vice-Chancellor and the Council;
- Manage and advise on the collective bargaining process and collective agreements with unionized staff;
- Institute a system for continuing education and in-service training for all employees of the University; and
- Discharge any other assignment that the Registrar shall deem necessary.
Qualification Required & Experience
Applicants must have:
- A good first degree as well as an advanced degree in a relevant field, with not less than 15 years post-qualification experience, at least five of which should have been in a senior management position.
- A professional qualification in Human Resource Management will be an added advantage.
In addition, the applicant must have:
- Considerable strategic, interpersonal and collegial skills that will enable him/her to function effectively within the Higher Education Sector;
- A deep understanding and appreciation of the strategic and operational issues in top-level University management and administration;
- High-level analytical skills and demonstrable evidence of competence and leadership.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Director shall hold office for a period of four years on terms and conditions recommended by the Appointments Board and is eligible for re-appointment for a further term of up to four years.
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.