Standard Chartered Bank IT Jobs In AccraIT Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The production Support Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Technology Lead/ Chief Technology Officer in the building of a full technology stack, management of the production/test environment(s), management of the technology operations (DevOps, Change Management) and manage vendor/fintech engagements for multi-market multi-anchor SaaS SOLV Ghana platform.
- Support the Technology Lead/ Chief Technology Officer in driving the technical vision, strategy, and direction of SOLV Ghana.
- Work with the Technology Lead/ Chief Technology Officer, and partners on the technology build, vendor engineering engagements, etc to help deliver features and capabilities aligned to the business model of SOLV Ghana.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Monitor the stability of SOLV Ghana’s infrastructure with various tools.
- Handle incident response, troubleshooting and fix for various servers/services. Handle escalations as per policies/procedures.
- Get different internal groups together to resolve production issues effectively. Communicate clearly on tickets, phone calls made to the teams about various issues. Exhibit a sense of urgency to resolve issues.
- Ensure SLAs and Operational standards are met.
- Coordinate with different internal groups to resolve recurrent problems, alerts, and follow-up on escalated issues.
- Contribute to operations runbook.
- Ensure smooth handoffs between shifts.
People & Talent
- Support the development of an appropriate culture that upholds the values of SOLV Ghana. Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy-compliant conduct is the norm.
- Collaborate with all internal and external stakeholders to anticipate horizon risks that may have a significant impact on the Ventures Technology and help develop effective strategies to mitigate such risks.
- Attend relevant meetings and provide relevant reports to Senior Management and Governance/ Risk committees for the area of responsibility.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Support the achievement within SOLV Ghana, the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Global Technology Team
- Other Tech Heads
- 3rd party Vendors
- Exemplify Here for good and Group’s brand and values in SOLV Ghana; Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Our Ideal Candidate
- A minimum of a First Degree is required.
- 2+ years of experience in NOC support is required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work under pressure to restore services.
- Ability to manage incidents independently as well as work collaboratively with a local, regional, and global teams.
- Confidence to push back and say No when expectations are not aligned with the correct/agreed/sold solution.
- Ability to flick between break/fix, and proactive task projects.
- Working knowledge of ITSM, JIRA.
- Good understanding of cloud technologies IT Infra, like- AWS, Azure
- Ability to monitor in windows such as CPU, RAM, disk space and addition IIS webserver. Making documentation for SOP and worked on SOP for different areas. Ensure that all system's uptime at 100% percent. Monitoring different monitoring tools at the same time.
- Strong analytical skills and a desire to learn new concepts and technologies and apply them.
- Strong attitude to take ownership and responsibility for the production servers/services. Linux: Good knowledge of Linux systems
- AWS: Good knowledge of AWS services EC2, VPC, S3, ELB, IAM. Good to have any scripting knowledge
- Fundamentals: Basic Networking & Security, TCP/UDP, IP Routing, Application Protocols: SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, FTP, SFTP
- Experience in monitoring and system management of critical real-time applications Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of commerce platform
- Strong communicator with the ability to describe complex technical issues to business users, both verbally and written.
- Excellent command of the English language with good verbal and written comms skills.
Role Specific Competencies
- Communicating Complex Concepts
- Analytical Thinking
- IT Standards, Procedures & Policies
- Network and Internet Security
- Software Security Assurance
- Industry Knowledge
- Enterprise Operational Risk
- Manage Change
- Manage Projects
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.