Finance Officer - JhpiegoAccounting Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years and in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families.
Jhpiego works with health experts, governments and community leaders to provide high-quality health care for their people. Jhpiego develops strategies to help countries care for themselves by training competent healthcare workers, strengthening health systems and improving the delivery of care.
Jhpiego designs innovative, effective and low-cost healthcare solutions to ensure a level of care for women and their families. These practical, evidence-based interventions are breaking down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Ghana Country Office of Jhpiego Corporation is currently looking for a visionary, passionate and dynamic person to fill the following position: Finance Officer
- Duration: One (1 year)
- Job Location: Accra Office
Duties and Responsibilities
- Timely completion of all transactions in a timely and efficient manner; specifically required to ensure that:
- Maintains accurate accounts of the transactions of the company
- The proper completion of all transactions authorized by the DFA in accordance with laid down processes and procedures
- Prepares periodic financial statements and support notes in accordance with the policies of the company.
- Prepare financial commentary with regard to the quarterly financial statements (variance and profitability analyses).
- Assist with the preparation and tracking of the budget.
- Ensures that payment vouchers are filled on a timely basis.
- Reviews travel expense reports from staff for entry into QBE
- Ensures that financial documents are stamped ‘paid’ on a timely basis.
- Reviews all financial documents to ensure laid down processes before processing them for payment.
- Oversees the filing of all VAT photocopies for VRPO and submit monthly to DFA for review and processing
- Follow up on VRPO and withholding tax certificates from appropriate agencies
- Reviews both electronic and hard copy filing of all FAA reports.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- A good first degree in Business Administration, Accounting or its equivalent
- Part-professional qualification in Accounting, from a recognized professional Accounting body i.e. ICA, ACCA
- Significant knowledge and working experience in Accounting/Financial Management.
- Knowledge of Financial Management practices in Ghana.
- Knowledge of Office Processes and Procedures.
- At least 1 - 3 years post-qualification experience.
- Report writing, facilitation, and presentation skills are required.
- Knowledge and experience of QBE are essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff, partners and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team.
- Be self-motivated, and proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.